I thought I had done the hard part!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokypo

ThE GuLlY gRoW
Reaction score
Why didnt anybody tell me the most difficult part of growing your own is knowing when to ChOp? My girls seem to be maturing at diff rates.. Some are browning more than others ... some are at least 60% brown and some are just 10% if that. The ones which look more mature defo seem to be milky but Its hard to say, will it be obvious when its ready? I know that the nugs pack a lot of weight in the last two weeks. But some of the tops seem to be atleast double the size of the others so I ask my self, are they moving ahead? Are they mature? or are they just bigger yielding phenotypes.?
I have a 100x microscope bought from Maplin Uk for £6.00! I think that the zoom may be too much as it is so hard to focus on individual trichomes! Its really frustrating because I do not want to have done so well so far and then destroy potency by neglecting to see the cropp window......
im a newbie so please help anyone? I'd like to know how quickly the trichs turn from milky to amber... How soon roughly will the first few amber trichs appear if they are already milky/cloudy? once the first amber trichs are present, how long does it take roughly to be at peak amberness!.... As you have probably gathered I am looking to finish with a couchlock effect! I am second day into week seven and havent started flushing, the straines are BBC and PP....( Using the Duth Hesi nute line in coco and they advise to flush for the final week.) Thanks in advance greenpeople!

Smoky
:D

Hey smokypo-
The toughest part is the wait! When you say brown, I assume you're talking about the "hairs" on your buds, right? While this is an estimate of the plants maturity/ripeness, the true test is in the trichs. I too bought one of those 100X scopes- I threw it out. 30X is about all you need to see the trichs.
I've never grown PP or BBC- are they sativa dominant or indica dom?
I just finished a sativa dominant grow that went for 13 weeks on a few plants- and still very few amber trichs. My last indica grow only took about 9 weeks to reach full maturity.
Get a new scope- it'll open up a whole new world for you.
Good luck and be safe!

30x is doable, but with an adjustable say 60x-100x you will have no doubts. My 30x is ok, but it doesnt give me the actual detail needed to determine harvest.

BBFan said:
Hey smokypo-
The toughest part is the wait! When you say brown, I assume you're talking about the "hairs" on your buds, right? While this is an estimate of the plants maturity/ripeness, the true test is in the trichs. I too bought one of those 100X scopes- I threw it out. 30X is about all you need to see the trichs.
I've never grown PP or BBC- are they sativa dominant or indica dom?
I just finished a sativa dominant grow that went for 13 weeks on a few plants- and still very few amber trichs. My last indica grow only took about 9 weeks to reach full maturity.
Get a new scope- it'll open up a whole new world for you.
Good luck and be safe!

Thanks BB, Yeh the pistils. So where can I get a 30 in time for it to ready? they are both hybrid cross of sat and hybid i think.
Roughly how many days does it take to progress from only 1or2 ambers being noticed on a snippet to being predominantly amber ?
Be lucky
:aok:

Latest posts

Back