If MJ was Decriminalized or Legalized......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pot Belly

Honeywagoneer
Reaction score
How would that affect the criminal element and the LEO element in the equation?

There is an awful lot of crime involving MJ because it is illegal. I'm referring to the large commercial grow ops that destroy property, the guns involved, and all the victims that lie in the path of this side of the game. We all read about it and know it's there. So do the cops - local, state, and federal.

There is also a lot of corruption in law enforcement, and "others" in power who are in on "the take", and benefit from MJ being illegal.

What do you think it would do to the criminal element (both sides) if MJ was legalized or decriminalized, and every residence was allowed to grow say 5 plants for personal use.

Would this dissolve the need for the cartels and heavy hitters who care only about money? After all, it is only a plant. As long as I grow my own smoke, I wouldn't pay a dime for it on the street. No supporting the criminal element. Just as easy as that. What is wrong with that?

Also, what is your opinion on the difference between legalization, and decriminalization? In a world where it seems everything is turning upside down, the time is ripe to explore these ideas and start "getting real".

I believe you can find that answer by revisiting Proabition Of Alcahol. Ill give ya one example.
The Mafia and its powers pretty much came from,, and was esculated by Proabition.
Now they are complaning about Cartels who make millions off of weed and killing PPL ,,,why,,cause of thier stupid Marijauna Laws. When Weed is legalized these Cartels wont have any reason to be here anymore. They can take thier *** back to where they came from.:confused:

POTUS said:
The drug Cartels don't handle only Marijuana. If MJ were legalized, they would still have all the other drugs to fight over and make billions from, just as they always have.

Thats all fine and dandy,,at least they would have no influence on MJ laws. I know they handle all kinds of Drugs,,,but the DEA is using them as a crutch against legalizing MJ. The DEA will never stop them from dealing in Meth and Coke,,but since I do neather,,I am more concerned at the problems they cause MMJ Laws. May not sendem all home,,but it will put a dent in thier earnings on weed.

legal?,,, decrim?... whatever. you or i won't see any of this in our lives. maybe, and its an astrological huge maybe, the younguns of this era may see some sort of lies drawn up (yes, i meant lies), to make them think thier winning something or other. when in real time, thier taking thier eyes off the prize of what they were fighting for to begin, all the while they did'nt notice the small wording of thier plan. you following closely?

in your house, curtains drawn, door triple locked, fire extinguisher every 30 ft, anyone under 18 sent away(or i'm sure some agency will accomodate that for you), piece of 'approval paper' in hand, (add ons as we please, without prior notice , of course), BEFORE you ever see the spark.

i believe this is where the saying 'can you see the smoke through the trees' comes from.

you ever see one of those gadgets they (leo) attach to your car that you blow in before starting the engine to determine if your over 'thier limit'?
uhh, yeah, i'm sure mj will be no different. how many grams have you toked today? mentality. blow in this to gain access to whatever...

all beaurocratic words. legal. decriminalize. everything modded heavily. really don't give it no mind anymore. it's ' my way of life', and i choose for myself if i'm gonna smoke a j or not, or grow some closet herbs.

the lines have been drawn. and we all know who drew them. its no secret why 1% of the nation owns 60% of all the worlds money. i don't even want to get started down that path, not today...

end rant.:ignore: :rant: :stoned: :bolt: ...

I think it might be 15 years or more for it to even get decriminalzied. We like bad guys too much. We like to point our fingers at other people to expose the bad, so we can cover up what we do. Legalizing it? Okay, so you won't have "private" cartels, but govt. controlled cartels. I think growing would suck---think about how much bad genes would be passed around by 15yr olds who still wanted to deal with no idea how to grow. We would be taxed on our weed, and people would try to get around that tax--which would lead to, again, private cartels who own the weed business basically, etc. Nobody will win in this at all, unless it's legalized, you grown your own strains, and smoke up to 5 plants or whatever, but I'm sure there would be a miniscule weight limit each plant could weigh and the medium it should be grown in, etc. or like alcohol you must have a permit to brew (or grow in this situation) Not trying to be negative, but hey

drop the decrim line. what the hell is okay with making it legal to possess something, but keeping every way to make/buy/get it illegal? how does that make legal since why dont we just jump on over to legalization..

lotek said:
drop the decrim line. what the hell is okay with making it legal to possess something, but keeping every way to make/buy/get it illegal? how does that make legal since why dont we just jump on over to legalization..
Because they can nail you if they still want to hold you on something, and creates a bad outlook on potsmokers still, but gives them a little chance and tries to keep the potheads quiet.

i know, but why do we even mention ti and put it on the table then? we will sell ourselves short and then have to wait another 65 years to get full rights. it should just be taken off the table is what im saying.

lotek said:
i know, but why do we even mention ti and put it on the table then? we will sell ourselves short and then have to wait another 65 years to get full rights. it should just be taken off the table is what im saying.
Not exactly, if you think about it. It's a process that takes alot of time to change minds on the subject. Just stopping won't help the cause whatsoever. Not all of us may see the fruits of protests, multiple letters, etc. but some will, our kids maybe, grandkids for sure. Recruiting more people to help fight the cause, more writing, more protests, more informing the ignorant, etc. will help speed up the process

the social acceptance has already been granted. that stage is done. when polled will over 65% of people publicly supporting it.

Now its a political problem. dont bring a knife to a gunfight.

lotek said:
the social acceptance has already been granted. that stage is done. when polled will over 65% of people publicly supporting it.

Now its a political problem. dont bring a knife to a gunfight.

Just saying bro, more people the better....The more people the more they will have to listen, those who are ACTIVE in voicing their opinion

GuerillaGrower420 said:
Just saying bro, more people the better....The more people the more they will have to listen, those who are ACTIVE in voicing their opinion
Yes, look at my sig. Have you talked to 5 people yet and gotten them to say they will write a letter to the President? We have until January 20th, 2010.

my exact thoughts f'ng. we've been growing so long, it really does not matter. i keep it small. if i'm caught, give me my fine, so i can get back in the game asap.

i play by my rules. on my terms.

i fought long , and hard for mmj in my state. it really made no difference once the lines were drawn. i'm no ones field specimen.

once the good people of my state have thier mmj contracts in hand , well , then your the slave of someone elses rules...bb...

POTUS said:
The drug Cartels don't handle only Marijuana. If MJ were legalized, they would still have all the other drugs to fight over and make billions from, just as they always have.
Sure - that's a given. But the value (all sides) of pot has been reduced tremendously with the allowance of everyone being able to grow for personal use.

banjobuzz said:
legal?,,, decrim?... whatever.

all beaurocratic words. legal. decriminalize. everything modded heavily. really don't give it no mind anymore. it's ' my way of life', and i choose for myself if i'm gonna smoke a j or not, or grow some closet herbs....

Good response BB. Why stop at 5 plants? Why can't I have more marigolds or grow 100 pecan trees? Could you imagine not being able to grow as many of whatever your favorite plants are?

Pot Belly said:
Good response BB. Why stop at 5 plants?

> my lungs (from stogies) aint what they used to be.:rolleyes: ;) .

Could you imagine not being able to grow as many of whatever your favorite plants are?

>> i grow just what i need. no more. sometimes less, due to unforseens...
i can have 12 legally in flower come apr 4. what one man, and maybe his lil woman can really smoke all that? ( i could. in like 2 years ). i do enjoy the growing aspect, as well as the partaking.
so, a few growing in rotation normally goes over well.

i'll remain that quiet guy in the corner from here on. theres many people joining our forces everyday. ( i've been here a year almost, and have seen our size grow at an astonishing rate). now, i wanna see 'em talk the walk.

( btw. my letter WILL be in the mail come janruary ). thats written in ink...bb...

I really need an address so I can send a letter. My state has Medical MJ but to me that is not good enough. I drink like a sailor but love to smoke mj and really dont see the difference except no one has died from mj.

Latest posts

Back