Indica strain of unknown breeding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldSkool

Stubborn as an ol' mule..
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

At day 23 of current stealth grow with donated seeds from some prime locally grown Indica variety. All seeds germed within 3 days. All are approx the same size: 3 1/2" to 4 1/2", bushy, and just starting to emanate some slight skunky smells. Will have to put one of those Fresh Ti odor eliminating bulbs to work in there!
Growing in a 2x3x6 tall steel tool cabinet with 8 3150 to 3400 lumen 4100K t-12's positioned vertically on the sidewalls to light up the entire plant from tops to bottom. 4,300 lumens approx. to the plants from all sides 24-7 for now.
Intake fan over sliding variable-opening grill on back of cab, exhaust fan in top under 4" opening. Plants recently transplanted to 1 gal pots and loving the new root territory.
Soil is Miracle Grow moisture control peat and coca fibre premium potting mix.
The only nutes are whats in the soil mixture for now, .21-.07-.14 time release in the mix.
Have been having excellent results with it in the starting stages and up to pre-flowering.
Then switching to african violet formulation food additive which is high in P and K.
Temps stay 20* above ambient, humidity sticks around 20%. Lately that been 80* to 100* inside the grow chamber with humidity staying within 15% to 25%.
I have a separate 12v 80mm fan inside keeping the air circulating around the plants in addition the the intake and exhaust. I have no problems with mold or stem rot to date with this setup.

Pics in next post.

OldSkool

The promised pics. Sorry, crummy VGA cell phone camera!:rolleyes:

The two week old pic is in my avatar.

1 week old crop.jpg

1 week old.jpg

3 weeks old.jpg

3 weeks old 2.jpg

3 weeks old 3.jpg

Here's an unusual leaf on one of my plants. Notice the strange two headed leaf. It has TWO feeding veins down the middle, one to each of it's two tips. It is growing a full half-inch below the two leaflets next to it.
I named this plant Jethro Tull #1. 7 leaflets that tried to split into 8 but came out siamese!

unusual leaf.jpg

odd leaf 1.jpg

:watchplant: :aok:

only miracle grow :eek: and time released ferts and mj do not mix very well. especially growing indoors in pots. tho some have seemed to master it down tho.
lookin goot otherwise .
just be careful bout adding any nutes ever thruout the grow especially if ya gona continue usin the moisture control wit release ferts when ya repot for flowering if your doin so.
jmo.
if it were me i'd try to find some generic organic cheap potting soilsomewhere if ya can for when ya repot next.
alot of others will prolly say the same thig as well. just tryin ta lookin out for ya.

ps. try doin a serch on miracle gro on here an just read thru some peopel testimonials etc on usin miracle gro anythin wether it be soil or ferts. all imo are worthless when growin MJ.
ya may also run into probs wit usin the african violet nutes too wit the moisture control wit ferts added. them ferts in moisture control will last a whole growing season even outdoors an then some even so addin nutes to it will only add toxicity etc.
but read up on it some an make ya own personal judgement and assesment wit wat info ya get etc..
:48:

Yes Zipflip. I understand the compounded toxicity problem. Have dealt with it before using Miracle grow ferts in pots. This formulation is pretty light with regards to nutes: .21-.07-.14. by the time I set flowering the nutes should be fairly well leached out. I have ruined a few plants in my day b4 getting hold of Mel Rosenthals grow guide and the MJ propagation books.
As the plants look extremely healthy and vigorous I'm not concerned at this point with toxicity. The plants are utilizing the nutes with 24-7 light getting watered every other day with nothing added other than plain old H2O.
The plants will tell you when you are screwing up!
And yes, it is a good idea to repot in straight mix for flowering.
I normally use promix for the last repot b4 flowering the ladies.
It's a compromise I have made for a completely stealth grow at my house.
Been doin it for years this way. I have learned the hard way NOT to add MG
ferts into the soil for that very reason. Too many nasty salts! Less is better than more.
Good seeds will make good weed if you just throw it out in the back yard and forget about it. I
I do appreciate the healpful hints tho Zip!

oh heck i didnt know ya done this all before . LOL

That's cool bro! We're all here to enjoy and share the goodness.
More pics coming when my uploads start acting right again...

Is there a limit on the number of pics one can upload in a day or ?

Finally let me post a pic!
Again, sorry for the crummy pic, vga camera phone...

My SEA of GREEN: :fly:

sea of green.jpg

3 and 1/2 weeks now. Smelling skunkier every day. 4.5 to 5 inches tall. 7 internodes per plant.
Seven leaflet leaves from the sixth internode, most plants. Starting to branch out nicely.
Plants are taking over the floorspace. Time to pre-flower for males.
Think I'll make some hemp oil from them...or maybe brownies!
The brownies win.;)

Another bad pic for the post!

3.5 weeks old.jpg

4 1/2 weeks old now. 7 to 8" tall and bushing out nicely. All are at the 8th internode with meristem growth increasing in vigor. Stems thickening under the tree fans to a nice thick stalk. Weeded two plant out that were demonstrating funky growth patterns, wierd midget leaves, sideways growth of one tip, so I planted them on the south side of the house in a secluded corner behind some scrawny bushes and such to make it or die trying.

Added 4 26watt cfls in soft white 2700k, on top to get thru the growth to the lower leaves since it is so thick in there. Looking real good.
They are really beginning to kick but as far as meristem growth with all new leaves having seven leaflets. I hate to flower without seeing how big they will get if I were to leave them to their own devices. But I may have to force flower soon as I'm running out of room. I wish I knew the exact variety of Indica/Afghan then I'd have a better idea of how big they will get.
Oh well, that's all part of the fun too!

Looks good man. Keep up the good work and enjoy the rewards!

Thanks man! Some pics from today, day 35:

My indies.jpg

grow cabinet.jpg

left side week 4.jpg

right side week 4.jpg

Week five. All plants looking very healthy. All have ten internodes and seven to nine bladed leaves. Switched to 12-12 lights today. Running out of room in the cab! Plants average ten inches tall from top of soil in pot.

Pic from a few days ago. I'll post more when they start to bloom.

Talk at ya later.

Oldskool :smoke1:

5 weeks.jpg

Looking good bro ! Bring on the buds MOJO to you and good luck !

Six weeks old today. Plants average 14" tall with 12 to 13 internodes, each leaf having 7 to 9 blades per leaf. Stems on most plants purple on the topside. Side shoots going crazy. Will have alot of material for clones. I turned the lights back to 18/6 due to the sudden increase in vegetatin'. Only one night of 12 hrs shouldn't bother them much. I'd like to see how tall they will get..

I want to cross the biggest, fattest, most leafy plant from this crop with the Durban Poison that will be going in next. That will be an interesting mix. :hubba: That'll put a double skunk in the mix! Is that right? I don't know really, but it'll be fun finding out. Going to take cuttings tomorrow from all the plants, probably at least two each, just to hedge it some in my favor.
I'll try to get some new pics up soon.

Happy tokin'!:ccc:

Oldkool

Sounds good oldskool, def' will be an interesting mix :). Have fun taking your clones :cool:

I have an interesting and unexpected development. I was checking the plants for alternate phyllotaxy to help me determine flowering timing and discovered that nine out of the eleven plants were displaying tiny female flowers at the uppermost nodes! Two of the indoor plants are not displaying any sexual traits as of yet. One of the two plants I sent outside to live in the dirt is also flowering most obviously.
That's 10 out of 13 so far that are displaying female flowers. Three are not yet displaying any signs of sex. I don't know what that ratio would be, math is not my strong suit, but it's got to be phenomenal!
10 of 13! From donated seed from a friend of a friend! I'm STOKED! :)

seven to nine bladed leaves
Hmmmm . . . must be some sativa in that mix. Together with the smell, that might be some prime skunk you have there.

Leafminer, see if you can pick out any signs of strain will ya?
Besides indica/sativa inbred!:rolleyes:

Oh, the one outside turned out to be a he/she... I hope the dog eats it!

Update: The plants are now 17" to 18" and branching out and up very quickly.
Set the timer for 12/12 last night. Now I am certainly out of room for more vegging.
Seem to have auto-flowered at about 6 1/2 weeks of 24 and then 18/6.
Funny thing is, the growth rate shot up after I switched them from 24 to 18 hrs of light.
Probably enjoy a rest period like the rest of us...that and the cooler temps at night.
So that's 9 out of 11 inside plant displaying female flowers, two undecided voters...

The 'unknown' pot.jpg

Latest posts

Back