Indoor to outdoor for a quicker harvest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan-2.6-

Toker ala Green
Reaction score
Hey guys.
I was wondering the possibility of the following:
Grow some plants indoors for 2-3 weeks under cfls under 24/0 lighting and eliminate the males.Then take the females outside under the sun for flower. Would the transfer from 24/0 to outside light cycles be enough to trigger my girls into flower?

First off u wont be able to find out your males from 24 lighting, they need 12/12 lighting in oirder to show sex, you can put them outside and take a clone of each one and put that inside for 12/12 lighting, once you see which clones are males then you can know which of the plants outside are staying and which ones are going to the garbage..

You could move them outside and it would trigger flower now but the days are getting longer every day. They wouldn't be able to finish up before the length of the days was over 14 hours of light. They would then switch back to veg. I would either finish them off inside or keep them inside until the days are long enough to put them outside. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

can you grow inside over the winter and move them outside in the spring? i know its too late to try this now but i was wondering if anyone had tried it. and if this would work would the yield be getter than with a hps cause thats what ill have by that time next year

.."IF" you have two+ months of moderate temp's and "IF" those 2 months also are predominately less than 14 hrs of daylight. ;)

Firepower said:
First off u wont be able to find out your males from 24 lighting, they need 12/12 lighting in oirder to show sex,...

Females will pre-flower after the third or fourth week of vegative growth.

When switching from CFL's to natural daylight is is wise to acclimate them slowly to avoid shock...for a few days, then a daylight regiment will be perfect.

I actually do about 7 to 12 hourd daylight than the remaining time under Flouros in the veg room. This way I get the kickin sunlight plus a 24/0 cycle, awesome growth and overall healthier and much bigger, resulting in a bigger harvest.

Plus the breeze (if applicable) and fresh outside air is better than good, combined all these factor will produce strong, healthy young plants which will explode when placed outdoors for the final cycle...

Firepower said:
First off u wont be able to find out your males from 24 lighting, they need 12/12 lighting in oirder to show sex, you can put them outside and take a clone of each one and put that inside for 12/12 lighting, once you see which clones are males then you can know which of the plants outside are staying and which ones are going to the garbage..

then grow all the females for twice the plants :hubba:

Latest posts

Back