inspection notice??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maryjane22

Reaction score
okay so i ordered pizza like an hour ago cuz i had the munchies :D:shocked::joint: and i had a notice on my door saying that they were going to do a mandatory GENERAL inspection..what the hell?? i live in plenty apartments and i never heard of anything like that..but at least that gave me notice..should i grow anyway because in the future if this happens all i gotta do is take the plants to a friends house for the day or until theyre done with inspection and ill be okay.. RIGHT!?!?!?

Pull em NOW & put 'em in the safe house! Just make sure no one is around to see what ur doing! You'll be out in the open & exposed to unfriendly eyes!

Sanitize EVERYTHING!!! Leave no traces!!! NO hint of a smell & not even a seed, roach, pipe or ANYTHING laying around.

You want to look like just another average tennant.

*Sigh... The hazards of renting...

When you're financially able, get your own place!

If they are coming in your place for inspection you better do something. ;) Good luck mang. :aok:

I just had one.
Had a girl in flower with no carbon filter. I just closed up the closet and shut off all the fans and sprayed a bunch of glade.
They came in checked the HVAC filter the fire alarm and checked the kitchen and bathrooms. They said have a nice day....all done.
It's for insurance purposes is all.
But taking them to a freinds house is an option then do it.

Yeah man, almost all rental agreements have a clause in them that allows the owner or his representative to inspect the property he owns as long as the owner provides "reasonable" notice. The word "resonable" has an exact legal definition. Sometimes, they even define the word right on the same document.

However, keep in mind that this rule can, and often does get pushed aside by owners that think something is "up" in one of their units. They can have a person who is checking the hallway say that they smelled what could have been smoke coming from your apartment. When the fire guys show up, they can come in any time they want in that instance.

Growing in a rental is dangerous stuff.

Way to much insecurity for me.

If the firemen are let in by the owner and then they find your grow, you're done. It's admissible as evidence.

This is also true at a privately owned residence. The chances of it happening are much less.

Man, you have no idea how many times I've thought about the possibility of my house catching fire, even by lightening, just for that reason.

It gives me nightmares...

glad i have a house of my own for all i do this would scare the poo out of me cause i know they have the right to come in whenever they want... most times they will give you a notice and ask for permission to enter but they dont have to if they suspect that your up to something

If they are inspecting its usually for a specific reason, call and see what they are inspecting. If its the furnace don't have any thing suspicious on the way to the furnace. Some inscense to cover it up isn't sketchy, at all. I have found that cook a good meal and saute some garlic and onions and not much gets by that. Saved my a** a few times.

sweetnug said:
I have found that cook a good meal and saute some garlic and onions and not much gets by that. Saved my a** a few times.

I use cooking cabbage with some corned beef in it, in the crock pot.

All you can smell is cabbage cooking...

Garlic would be good too!

Stoney Bud said:
I use cooking cabbage with some corned beef in it, in the crock pot.

All you can smell is cabbage cooking...

Garlic would be good too!

sounds good i think i know whats on the menu for grub tonight :)

A quick batch of double-strength coffee makes the aroma in a house smell good.

Latest posts

Back