intake...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flaboy88

stays blunted up
Reaction score
i was thinkin of jus runnin some a/c ducts from my window to my closet and jus have the air flow from outside to bring air in and my cfm fan for exhaust.. do you think this would work as good instead of runnin a/c duct from point a to point b??
hxxp://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100047556

flaboy88 said:
i was thinkin of jus runnin some a/c ducts from my window to my closet and jus have the air flow from outside to bring air in and my cfm fan for exhaust.. do you think this would work as good instead of runnin a/c duct from point a to point b??
hxxp://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100047556

to make it worth your time and money. when running an intake fan it should always meet the same CFM as your exhaust..
LH

LEFTHAND said:
to make it worth your time and money. when running an intake fan it should always meet the same CFM as your exhaust..
LH

can i jus run 1 or two a/c ducts that are 6" wide thru the door to a window and jus have the fresh air that way or is that not enough? im jus gettin this 1 fan for exhaust.. not really thinkin bout gettin an intake fan like that.. thats why i saw this and was curious about the product.. thanks lefty

LEFTHAND said:
Originally Posted by LEFTHAND
LH

flaboy88 said:
can i jus run 1 or two a/c ducts that are 6" wide thru the door to a window and jus have the fresh air that way or is that not enough? im jus gettin this 1 fan for exhaust.. not really thinkin bout gettin an intake fan like that.. thats why i saw this and was curious about the product.. thanks lefty

Something like that fan would help a bit in the winter when temps outside are cool and dryer but especially in the sunshine state you'll have more humid months than not and temps will always be your main challenge imo. You dont want to pull hot humid air into your grow room... It's more of an ideal situation to feed intakes with the same CFM fan as the exhaust fan but from having to 'make due' and deal with less than ideal grow room situations over the years I've found that any way that you can pump cool air into your grow space the better off you'll be. I run a 630cfm Eclipse 6" fan for my exhausting a 1K with a cool tube front loaded with a 30 lb filter so I'm guessing the drag pulls down my CFM's a good amount. Most of the time the Eclipse fan keeps things cool on its own by pulling air into the closet from a 4" passive intake and cracks around my door, etc. from fall til spring when temps in that bedroom are cool. In the shoulder seasons of late spring and early fall I take an old Home Depot bathroom inline 4" fan that's probably about 200cfm at best and I use that to force more cool air into my 4" intake hole. Once things reach the tipping point and it's hard to keep temps in the mid 70s I have to fire up the window a/c unit
icon9.gif
to keep things cool in that bedroom and when it's really hot and humid I have to force the cool a/c air from that bedroom into the 4" intake with my Home Depot okay fan... If you can feed it from your AC intake from the central HVAC it will help alot and some type of booster fan would improve airflow from your duct too but a quality inline fan will definitely complement your exhaust much better...

Anyhooo...:cool:

dirtyolsouth said:
[/I]

Something like that fan would help a bit in the winter when temps outside are cool and dryer but especially in the sunshine state you'll have more humid months than not and temps will always be your main challenge imo. You dont want to pull hot humid air into your grow room... It's more of an ideal situation to feed intakes with the same CFM fan as the exhaust fan but from having to 'make due' and deal with less than ideal grow room situations over the years I've found that any way that you can pump cool air into your grow space the better off you'll be. I run a 630cfm Eclipse 6" fan for my exhausting a 1K with a cool tube front loaded with a 30 lb filter so I'm guessing the drag pulls down my CFM's a good amount. Most of the time the Eclipse fan keeps things cool on its own by pulling air into the closet from a 4" passive intake and cracks around my door, etc. from fall til spring when temps in that bedroom are cool. In the shoulder seasons of late spring and early fall I take an old Home Depot bathroom inline 4" fan that's probably about 200cfm at best and I use that to force more cool air into my 4" intake hole. Once things reach the tipping point and it's hard to keep temps in the mid 70s I have to fire up the window a/c unit
icon9.gif
to keep things cool in that bedroom and when it's really hot and humid I have to force the cool a/c air from that bedroom into the 4" intake with my Home Depot okay fan... If you can feed it from your AC intake from the central HVAC it will help alot and some type of booster fan would improve airflow from your duct too but a quality inline fan will definitely complement your exhaust much better...

Anyhooo...:cool:

i wish i could get it to the a/c vent but its outside the closet about 10 ft away across the room..lol.. so wut if i jus cut out 1 or 2 holes at the bottom of the door and get small inline fan in front of the hole for intake? and for exhaust i was thinkin (right to left) carbon filter,a/c ducts connected into that and other side into the right side of the hood.. duct coming out the left side of the hood and into the 440 cfm fan, duct out that out the door from the top and out the window... does this sound pretty good in your opinion?

ok here we go :) for some reason i will repeat this for the 1000'th time :rolleyes: if you want to run 2 fans you'll be venting better by placing them both as exhaust but make a big intake hole double that of your exhaust wall, thats almost 2x more venting than with 1 intake + 1 exhaust

zem said:
ok here we go :) for some reason i will repeat this for the 1000'th time :rolleyes: if you want to run 2 fans you'll be venting better by placing them both as exhaust but make a big intake hole double that of your exhaust wall, thats almost 2x more venting than with 1 intake + 1 exhaust

not totally true man.. it will increase the suction and air flow.. but if your bringing in cold air.. you need a fan to do so.. and this fan wont work as it should if its not the same CFM as the other..
LH

zem said:

:yeahthat:

just my personal experience, but this is correct IMO.

zem said:

so if i run 1 440 cfm i could use lets say an inline fan as well added to the exhaust instead of the intake hole and jus make the intake hole double? so if its a 6" fan i would make a 12" hole for intake? and if i did this wut do i do about light comin thru that hole? that seems like a big hole in a door to cover so light doesnt get in nor escape

Latest posts

Back