interupt dark produces more females?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunkin2

Reaction score
good afternoon everyone.
i was reading a magazine on grow your own.
a story about lighting caught my attention when a guy said he would interupt his 6 hour dark period once a week during veg making for producing more females in the crop. anyone hear of such a technic?

EVERYDAY'S A HOLIDAY!

bunkin2 said:
good afternoon everyone.
i was reading a magazine on grow your own.
a story about lighting caught my attention when a guy said he would interupt his 6 hour dark period once a week during veg making for producing more females in the crop. anyone hear of such a technic?

Yes, I've heard of it. I have yet to read a single study about it that proves it one way or the other.

Does anyone know of a study? Is it all anecdotal evidence?

I read about it too somewhere and I tested it for my self with 6 plants 3 I had on a normal light schedule the other 3 I interrupted the night hour by 1 hour every other night or so well my results were all 3 were females with the interupted night scheldule and 2 out of the 3 were females with no night interuption but still not enough to prove this theory so I will do more tests on this in the future and post my results

Latest posts

Back