Ionization...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glyph

harbinger of hope
Reaction score
i've acquired a Simco minION 3 fan overhead ionizer from my workplace. it's an electronics engineering firm and the ionizers are use in he 'clean room' it produces both positive and negative ions, i've researched it and haven't quited sussed out how helpful the ionization part will be in my grow space. the three fan alone are valuble, i'm planning on using them to vent out hot air above the grow space. anyone have any input on if this will effetively remove odor from the exaust air? this is what it looks like.

minion.jpg

any and all hepl will be appreciated.

i use a greenhouse one that you hang from the ceiling by the cord and it works ell. doesn't totally get rid of it but deff helps. i have one of those in my 7x7x7 cube hanging above my light. on the light i have a 50or so cfm duct booster. the weak kind. with a carbon filter cone stuck on the end of the exhaust and you cant smell it outside the plastic bubble. i even leave the door flap open a lil for air exchange.

the difference between just the filter and the filter and the ionier is that it doesn't smell so dank inside the room that it funks the house up when i open the door to work. i actually have it wide open right now to give them lower temps for a while and dry it out and it doesn't smell bad.

What you have is an ozone generator, not an ionizer. An ionizer you can put in the room. Dont get it too close to milar though, milar will carry the current it uses to clean the air with & give you one hell of a shock. I never had too much luck with ionizers, they just dont work that well. An ozone generator works the best, but dont put it in the room or where you or anyone else is going to be. They are very bad for you, especialy if you have respatory problems, it will make it worse. I put mine in the duct work exhausting the air from the room. All air leaving the room is cleaned as the air goes past the unit. This the best way to use what you have. I hope this info I gave you will help.

oh okay i thought the terms meant the same thing. yea i lifted my hood up too far the other night and the generator started arcing to the chains that hold the hood. lol. moved it.

Noob tip: there is an air void above the light hood so dont put your anti smell things here.

negative ion generator will cause your fluoros to flicker. if you are flowering this is a big problem.

ive always thought i should be able to do the trick where you hold a floro in the air and it lights up when my thing is on.

DLM3 said:
What you have is an ozone generator, not an ionizer. An ionizer you can put in the room. Dont get it too close to milar though, milar will carry the current it uses to clean the air with & give you one hell of a shock. I never had too much luck with ionizers, they just dont work that well. An ozone generator works the best, but dont put it in the room or where you or anyone else is going to be. They are very bad for you, especialy if you have respatory problems, it will make it worse. I put mine in the duct work exhausting the air from the room. All air leaving the room is cleaned as the air goes past the unit. This the best way to use what you have. I hope this info I gave you will help.

thank you sincerely. it is not on ozone generator, it does look like one but it... isn't

i know what it is and how it works, my question was the effectiveness or negative effects of the positive ions. i overstand how negative ions are used in a grow space, i was just concerned/wondering about how being a 'general' ionzer, positive & negative... what the deadl was. but really tho, thanks for your input.

i'm sorry o didn't mention i'm an experienced grower, my post really was about a few particularties. thanks all tho...

anyone who has any more in depth knowledge on the subject please let me know what you know. really not trying to sound like a snob here just clarifying. peace.

Hey glyph, sorry about that. It does look like one. After a closer look I can see the difference. I'm still not too big on ionization or ozone in where the plants are. I have not experenced it, because I dont keep one in my room, but I have heard that it can take the taste & odor away from the plant as well. As you know, taste & odor are all part of the high. Later man.

yeah, having a ngative ion gernerator in the grow space itself will take away from flavor and smell from your crop, best use of negative ionization is is an adjacent room, like if your growspace was in the bedroom closet, haging an ionizer in the bedroom works well. i've done that before, GH ionizer. it does cause some electrical mayhem tho, lightning like streaks would couse the room from time to time. it made an arc off of the light refector, and left lightning streaks of debri (dust & **** that the ions attached to) on the ceiling.

is this true with 03 generators aswell? i know o3 is a biocide but does it cause enough damaged to change your product aswell?

Latest posts

Back