Is my max plant height going to be a problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peaceful

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question. I posted a confusing ? in "growroom setup and design" and diddn't get any response. I have to divide an existing closet into 2 compartments and I am going to add my divider shelf today.
With lots of light, does it hurt overall timeline and yeild too much if my girls can only get 1' tall in the veg cabinet and only 2'6" tall finished height?

My current plan would allow for vegging in 8" tall 1g pots that would have a max plant height of 1'. These should grow tight as I am using 5714 lumens per sq' of T5 lighting.

Then, I would flower in 12" tall 3g or 5g buckets with 6785 lumens per sq' of HPS in the upper area. This area is only 6' tall which would only allow the plants to get to 2'6" if I need to maintain an 18" clearance from the bulb.

How does this sound to you? :rolleyes:

Are you using clones? clones can be put to bud at anytime thus any hight. But if your growing from seed they need to grow for at least 5 weeks i think maybe more. And its been said a plant can triple in size when put into flowering. There are many more people here that probably have more and better advise then me but thats my take

A cool tube or a low profile air cooled reflector will give you more growing room. Air cool your bulb and you can get it within about 6" from your canopy--this would (in effect) give you almost another foot of growing height. And it just makes cooling the space so much easier.

Of course, plants that are flowered when they are smaller yield less than plants that are vegged longer--there are simply more bud sites on a larger plant. However, you can expect a real decent yield from a plant that size. There are also advanced techniques like supercropping, lst, and scrog that can help keep a plant shorter and bushier.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=85015&d=1225035125
This is a plant that was only about 2-1/2' tall. She yielded over 3-1/2 ozs.

Latest posts

Back