Is this male or hermie?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cadlakmike1 said:
What method are you using to make the hash?

Uh.. I dunno if my end result is even called 'hash' but I took the plant, put it in a food processor, added isopropyl alcohol, processed for about 5 min, put the junk in a coffee filter and squeezed the juice out, let that evaporate, and I'm left with a bowl of green oily gunk lol. I... think I smoke it? Or something... haha

That doesn't sound right to me, but I could be wrong. I believe that when you make hash you filter the water or solution multiple times and the end product should be a dry ashy kind of substance. There is a post on here somewhere to make it. Very informative.

There is no resin on that plant, meaning no trichs, meaning no THC! If you are smoking anything from that plant, the "high" feeling you get is probably just a lack of oxygen and/or reaction from smoking too much chlorophyll! When you make hash, you are extracting the resin glands from the trim of a harvested, flowering female, not a male that has just started showing pollen sacks. Sorry guy.

The "ISO" method produces a tincature, often called 'hash oil" and the extraction process extracts "ALL" of the essential oils, not only thc.
If your intereted, there are stickies in the "HASH section of the forum.. :)

Hick said:
The "ISO" method produces a tincature, often called 'hash oil" and the extraction process extracts "ALL" of the essential oils, not only thc.
If your intereted, there are stickies in the "HASH section of the forum.. :)
Even with males??? Have I had the wrong idea about male MJ plants this whole time?!? :huh:

males contain very little thc.. BUT... some folks seem to believe that they are worth processing..:confused2:

Well... ok just for the record, heres my experience:

the bowl finally dried up and I was left with a sticky black tar, which felt/smelled exactly like the resin buildup from a pipe/bong whatever. So i scraped it up off the bowl and the amount is about at of an entire bowls worth (maybe a little more... a goopy nugget about the size of a quarter)

So i figured what the hell, it looks like resin maybe it'll do something. I elected to vaporize it, rather than bong it (to keep it from just dripping down the tube.) I vap'd about... hm I dunno... a quantity about half the size of a jelly bean.

It worked. Absolutely no doubt about it. I wouldn't say it was exceptional but I was definitely stoned for a few hours. If it were just a buzz from lack of oxygen, that would be a form of hypoxia (probably hypemic or histotoxic) which would clear up in 5-15 minutes.

But yeah there is 100% definitely something worthwhile to get out of the male plants... that totally worked. No way is it worth the effort to cultivate a male, but hell... its better than just throwing it in the garbage disposal.

Latest posts

Back