Jus need a lil help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluntFullOfKush

I smell SMOKE!!!!!
Reaction score
Ok, this is the 2nd time i seen this. The 1st time was wit 1 of my haze clones,she didnt die, but i didnt get the same harvest amount as the other1 that didnt show this.I really think its phrouis(however u spell it:eek: ) but waz it to much, or too little??? if thats wht it is:confused: . the Ph should be fine @ 6.5, and untill recently i never bothered to check the run off untill i seen people talking bout it, but it's @ 6.0???? iz tht good???? im not sur if u can tell in the pic, but the leaves is like still green but crunchy. any input will be good thanx

000_1302.JPG

000_1305.JPG

000_1306.JPG

Ps. LOL i think the last1 waz from when it was still in veg and got too close to the light

Its all about the run off ph.99.92567% of all new problems(especially w/ multi. problems as you have per pic)is with run off,so yes it counts.Guys on here feed to get the run off @ 6.5-6.8(I've read i grow gydro)so you should also.Don't play round w/ extra nutes/supplements until ur run-off is in this range.Then wait a week and watch NEWWER SMALLER fan lkeaves and varify the problem is solved.
If ur ph run off is 6,I'd water w/ 7.2 a couple xs and check run off,but that entirely depends on size of pot.A soil guru will be along shortly,just chill it'll be O.K.

Im really chill Dirty i always know i can count on some1 here for help. im not too worried about the problem jus wanna know wht kind of def it have. sence i got the cheap ph tester i wont know if its 7.2, (the liquid driper and lil bottle)

Like I said I think your ph is to low,not giving the nutes the correct passage way,so to speak.Your lacking cal,mag,N,zink and a few other that I can see.But as I said I think its a lock out due to unknowledable tendant,you.Not trien to be rude just dont want to see you further the problem by adding unnessisary nutes in the mix.This can only multiply your problem by salt build up in the soil.
I just wipped up some 7.2 and did the dip test 4 ya.A nice M.J. green.Not dark but green not yellow!If I read correctly use Ph adjusted water only 4 next feeding.You should flush w 3x the containers volume then bottom feed w/ ph water (sit in bigger pot of water) for 5-7 min.
This will do 2 things,1st it will flush the build up of salts w/ out leaving the roots starving for nutes.2nd it will adjust the run soils ph directly in the root zone.Then next feeding check run off and it'll be closer to 6.4-6.6.It's better to take baby steps over drastic ph fluxuation.Then you should be able to give her 4/5 the nutes this feeding.Resume after run off is 6.5-6.8 w/ ph adjusted nute mix.
Happy growing!

BluntFullOfKush said:
Im really chill Dirty i always know i can count on some1 here for help. im not too worried about the problem jus wanna know wht kind of def it have. sence i got the cheap ph tester i wont know if its 7.2, (the liquid driper and lil bottle)
Yeah, they work and all but you're really going to want to pick up an electronic one.

Here's a Hanna pHep Meter for a relatively low price...
http://www.hydroempire.com/store/product_info.php/cPath/106/products_id/717

But def get your pH balanced out.

Hello BKOF :)

To let us get to a better grip of whats happening, fill this in, click 'quote' at the bottom right of my post and fill all the details in you can, leave blank all that is not relevant or not needed.

SOIL:

How long has this problem been going on?

What STRAIN are you growing?

What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)

What is the age of your plants?

How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?

How Tall are the plants?

What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?

What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc)

What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)

What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?)

What Nutrient's are you using?

How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*

How often are you feeding?

If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?

What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)

What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?

What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?

What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?

How often are you watering?

When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?

What size bulb are you using?

What is the distance to the canopy?

What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)

What is the canopy temperature?

What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)

What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)

Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?

Is the fan blowing directly at plants?

Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?

Is your water HARD or SOFT?

What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?

Are you using water from a water softener?

Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?

Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?

Are plant's infected with pest's?

:peace:

Its more a question of ppm/tds/ec/cf 'imho' or whatever way you check your nutrient feeding strength.

The ph run off is important possibly but far more importantly would be your cf run off which is far more likely to be the cause of any problems with your plants during a soil grow and its an easy fix just like the ph which 'i wouldnt personally worry about'!

You stated your soil ph is 6.5 which is bang on the button.

Time4Plan-B

Hippy has a good point; we need more information. However, DOS said, pH might very well be suspect here. A good pH meter is preferable for accurate measurements.

Alistair Young said:
Hippy has a good point; we need more information. However, DOS said, pH might very well be suspect here. A good pH meter is preferable for accurate measurements.

Well said.I hate the fact that the dipper test is interpreted MANY ways.Nute color is a MAJOR factor here.Darker nute colors tint the ph drop test.Also take the same test and go outside,dam.Now go under floros and read,lil diffrent.Walk to the hps and its now a totally diffrent ball game.Try M.H.,similar to floros but diffrent in each situation.

Which reading do you go by?I go by Hanna ph calibrated 2x a week.4.01 + 7.01.Those drop test are better than the strip dip test,which is barely better than a pure guess!

HippyInEngland said:
Hello BKOF :)

To let us get to a better grip of whats happening, fill this in, click 'quote' at the bottom right of my post and fill all the details in you can, leave blank all that is not relevant or not needed.

SOIL:

How long has this problem been going on? only for about 2 weeks

What STRAIN are you growing? My cross (seedman seeds Purple Bud(skunk genes) and Nirvanas Bubblecious)

What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) Seeds

What is the age of your plants? 7weeks

How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? 3weeks

How Tall are the plants? 15 inches

What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? 2weeks n2 flower

What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc)

What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) 3 gal 1per pot

What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) Fox Farm Ocean Forest

What Nutrient's are you using? Fox Farm

How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful* FF tiger bloom 2tlbs per gal and big bloom 4tlbs per gal

How often are you feeding? 2x per week

If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? 2weeks ago

What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect) tiger bloom 1st big bloom 2nd

What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used? n/a

What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? 6.0

What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen? liquid dripper wit test bottle

How often are you watering? 2x per week

When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? 3days ago

What size bulb are you using? 400w HPS

What is the distance to the canopy? 12inches

What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity) 30%

What is the canopy temperature? 78*f

What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range) 66night 78day

What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) 2 box fans and rotating desk fan

Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?

Is the fan blowing directly at plants? no

Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? moist

Is your water HARD or SOFT? hard

What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? tap

Are you using water from a water softener? no

Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? yes pinched

Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when? no

Are plant's infected with pest's? no

:peace:

Were i got it circled is what i usely have my warter set @ when im feeding them, you say bring it up to 7.2 right Dirty??? and as far as getting a PH pen imma have to work on that cause the place that sells it by me is rather high, and besides i dont have the money to afford 1 right now:eek:

000_1325.JPG

daddyo said:
Hanna ph pen $28 on Ebay :)

just sayin is all, there all deals everywhere.

LOL yo daddyo LOL i jus posted about not being able to get 1, however that price is vary much affordable. Much Thanx

Brother I just saw you feed 100% tap,correct?OMG please tell me you boil or let sit out 4 24 hours oppened w/ like 2 airstones in it?Tap water sucks strait from the tap.U must let the chlorine evap.+ other undesirable man added "stuff"
If your run off is 6.0 and your tryin to get 6.5 ish then 7.2 sounds like a winner to me.Like I said you just changed the game.
2 many factors 4 me to be as sure now,since tap water is in the pic.How do you know ur tap is HARD w/ no ppm meter?Just wondering.Its crutial in a 100000 mile diagnosis that info is presise!Tap water feedings have rust and rust dampners that will not evaporate,plants are known to adapt,but also known not 2

yea i do let it sit out be4 i add any thing to it, i have no air stones. i will try to hit 7.2 like u said.

Remember,those leaves r toast but dont pull em.That would only speed it up to newer fan leaf growth.Remove only after new growth is good(1.5-2 weeks I think)Whats done is done.

yea i know Dirty, i knew to leave um on there. im sure theyll pull through

Why would anyone want to bring the waters ph upto beyond the plants uptake values

OOOOOOOoooh i see so the run off measures off as correct.

lol

Well going with the aforementioned comments regarding the upping of the ph initial level subsequently it will be/is way off so surely anyone with half a brain would conclude too high a ph will not benefit the plants but in actual fact inhibit its development.

Time4Plan-B

Time4Plan-B said:
Why would anyone want to bring the waters ph upto beyond the plants uptake values

OOOOOOOoooh i see so the run off measures off as correct.

lol

Well going with the aforementioned comments regarding the upping of the ph initial level subsequently it will be/is way off so surely anyone with half a brain would conclude too high a ph will not benefit the plants but in actual fact inhibit its development.

Time4Plan-B

Man I thought this was soil not hydro,my bad,lol.The roots uptake nutes from the soil,lol,not the inital water.You MUST balance the run/off( soil ph) thus this is where the magic happens,lmao

Latest posts

Back