Just What the Doc ordered!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, so far so good i suppose, except a little issue with two of the plants, nothing major tho imo, here are the picks of the family, with close ups of the problem childs and one retarded mutant plant that is growing slower but looks super wierd. any ideas?

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

i don't see anything i'd worry about to much. i see the brown on the tip just keep and eye on the new growth as long as its green and that leaf doesn't get any worse your fine. jmo

thanks for your help man I figured that it was prob no biggy it's just typical of me to get all stressed if something doesn't go my way

JBonez said:
Question for the pro's, im using 2 gallon pots right now for my 10 sativa white ladys. Ive noticed that the top 3/4 inch of the soil is bone dry, however under the dry soil, it is moist to the touch, but doesnt leave any moisture on my fingers when i touch it and pull my finger out of the soil, so i guess i want to know if im ok, i think i am, the seedlings are doing very well so far, and i know that watering will be less frequent because im using larger pots for the seedlings, any help would be appreciated!
try spreading perlite over the top of the soil...that should help keep that MH from drying the top layerr to fast.....check out my journal for pics of that method..worked well for me ,all my plants were in a single 140 gal. grow box...very rarely did i need to water

Yep I'm following your grow as well looks like I'm a day maybe two behind you. Looking good so far. My first grow I stressed over every single thing. I've learned to ease up on my plants. A little stress here and there is a part of life nothing to be to concerned about unless its a pattern.

Update! Day 8 since these babies broke the surface, one of them has leaves from the first leafset that appear to be "twisting", maybe because ive been rotating them so each side gets the same light. enjoy!

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

i wouldn't worry to much, i've had a few do that, it should grow out of it. jmo

thanks for looking man, these things are growing at an unreal rate! i cant wait to start flowering, shooting for a 400 plus gram yield, and i will be cloning the most resilient of the ww so i can get a 20+ clone op with the best female ww's, thats my plan for now anyways. thanks again man!

That's an awesome set up man. Those are gonna be some monsters. I'll definitely be watchin. Good luck!

Braino the wonder wife sent me this pic today at work, looks like the plants got a little more taco in their diet, if I get the temps back down will my plant be ok? sorry for the bad pic, iphone ftl.

photo.jpg

man i've been to 2 goat pokins and a state fair and i ain't never seen anything like that. lol jk

are the leaves crisp where they roll up? like dried out?

slowmo77 said:
man i've been to 2 goat pokins and a state fair and i ain't never seen anything like that. lol jk

are the leaves crisp where they roll up? like dried out?

no, they are still moist and alive, had the light about 27 inches and the temp was upper 80s according to braino, so im pretty sure it is heat stress. raised the light to 31/2 feet, thats where it will stay for now, im not gonna deal with this crap when the light is so powerful ya know? just gotta watch my temps, unfortunately the house is set to 68 degrees, but the thermostat doesnt see that room, so it only cools when it needs too, next post has some pics, they werent as bad as i thought, just gotta baby them.

UPDATE DAY 11 White Lady Sativa's
UPDATE DAY 5 HGS White Widow's

Well, had a scare today with a heat issue, but it seems all is well, at least i hope, these babies are growing!!!! Still on 24/0 until the ww mature just a tad bit more.

Slowmo, bro i keep freakin out! Thanks for keepin my head cool bro!:cool:

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 009.jpg

ok, like andy said, I think it's the darn fan causing the leaves to taco not the heat, I mean even under my AIR COOLED light it's not that hot so I'm pretty much convined that the fan is too powerful, the plants appear to be healthy overall. I just feel that the force that the fan is putting out is causing the weakest parts of the leaves to curl at least if I leave the fan off if they get worse I'll know if it really is the problem or not, I will keep u guys posted on what happens tommorrow.

pleased to say all is well and the plants are looking much better, i will post pics in a few days when they get bigger, hope they keep growing this fast, everyday, another node it seems like. man!

I've seen this in all my grows and I normally attribute it to heat stress. I never have low 70 temps more like 80 to 90's and when ever I raise my light another 6 inches or more in a few days it goes away. I had it on my last grow and my 1 fan was blowing on many plants and towards the back the plants weren't even getting hit by the air and those plants were doing it.

The very first time I saw it and posted in sick plants someone told me its what happens when you push the plants to the limit. Its not quite burning them but the lack of moisture and heat cause the leaves to curl trying to trap water rising. They told me to raise my lights some I did and it went away with in a few days( 4 or 5). All the new growth showed no signs but the old growth with the curls took a bit longer to reform.

In fact check out my lowryders about a day behind yours(not trying to hijack your thread) but look at the farthest one to the left and the very bottom. Its doing the same thing. I raised my lights some and I'm pretty confident that will take care of it on my new growth. My temps are pretty much steady at 85.

manels1111 said:
I've seen this in all my grows and I normally attribute it to heat stress. I never have low 70 temps more like 80 to 90's and when ever I raise my light another 6 inches or more in a few days it goes away. I had it on my last grow and my 1 fan was blowing on many plants and towards the back the plants weren't even getting hit by the air and those plants were doing it.

The very first time I saw it and posted in sick plants someone told me its what happens when you push the plants to the limit. Its not quite burning them but the lack of moisture and heat cause the leaves to curl trying to trap water rising. They told me to raise my lights some I did and it went away with in a few days( 4 or 5). All the new growth showed no signs but the old growth with the curls took a bit longer to reform.

In fact check out my lowryders about a day behind yours(not trying to hijack your thread) but look at the farthest one to the left and the very bottom. Its doing the same thing. I raised my lights some and I'm pretty confident that will take care of it on my new growth. My temps are pretty much steady at 85.

^^^^This has quite possibly been the most insightful reply to one of my questions to date (next to all the time slowmo has put into my newbish questioning), and you are correct my friend, i raised the light, humidity a little and lowered the room temps and now the plants (one day later) look way better, gotta run, but i will be following your grow closely as well my friend. Cant thank you enough for that post, just confirms what was "really" going on!

Ok, so i topped all my plants this morning, all the ones with a pertruding 5th node, should see some new growth when i get home today, we will see! I will post pics of the outcome when i get home.

That is a nice setup man! My closet doesn't come close to that. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back