kinda dissapointed.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spaceface

Space Cadet
Reaction score
hi all....hows going?...well....im pretty dissapointed in my seeds.... out of my five fem MI5's...they cracked but produced no tap root..is this possible with any strain?...they have been trying to germ for 4 days now:confused:...fed up with no result of a tap root...i placed them in their medium with a floro above...i dunno...hopefully they will respond and grow...any ideas?....thanks...your buddy space

Maybe bad gen......ya got pics space? Had some that popped it's shell and took a full 24 hrs before a tap was present.

sorry chef....already placed them into their medium....they cracked at two days...2 days later still no tapper...when i placed them into the medium i examined the seed...being the seed was split...i could see the inside....and upon inspection there was nothing coming from the seed...not even something barley visible that would resemble the tap root...does this make sense?...if not ill try to reword the post....

Whatever method you choose to germinate your seeds, I believe the key is keeping them warm and moist. I understand your disappointment; it's happened to me before too.

Those are the only seeds you have? If so, I'm sorry, but you can try again if it doesn't work. If it doesn't work for you, then next time, how about experimenting with some bag seed, seeds you don't care about? I recently did a trial run like that before I germinated my store bought seeds. Even then, I had trouble with one of the two strains I had purchased; they just didn't seem to be viable. I ended up using up most of the 10 seeds in order to get four healthy seedlings. Now those four are strapping young, flowering females.

Also, like Chef said, it could be bad genetics. The seeds could be old too.

allstair...i germed them in a zip lock baggy with wet napkins on a heating pad at the warm setting...ive never ever had a problem germing seeds...this is the first time...i am very dissapointed due to the fact this was my first purchase... with no results... and after paying top dollar for some seeds that didnt work...you can see why im pretty irritated...so basically i just threw $70 down the toilet...

:eek:THat sucks,,were did ya get the beans?

i got them from attitude....i bought the short stuff MI5 auto strain...

Send them a email. They will rectify it. I ha 5 Fem short riders come out male. They sent out 5 new ones, asap.

i just sent them an email about my frustrations...i hope they do...if they were to rectify the problem i would be pleased to say in the least...thats awesome that they did that for you!!...hopefully they will do the same for me..

Dont feel bad,I got 7fem seeds from dr chronic or something like that and not a one ever grew or germinated!Like you,just out 70bucks!!
The seeds just didnt look rite to begain with.looked very inmature,very flat and green looking..
I sent e-mail; but no reply!
oneshot

that sucks one...its horrible that alot of places are untrustworthy and just take your money and run...just awful....im sick of hearing about people being ripped off and such...people work hard for their dollars and should be entitled to a replacement if the first set dont work...i mean..if i bought an item from wally-world and it didnt work i could get a replacement...im sorry about your misfortune dude....the world has become pathetic in attempts to take hard working peoples monies....its just sad

spaceface said:
allstair...i germed them in a zip lock baggy with wet napkins on a heating pad at the warm setting...ive never ever had a problem germing seeds...this is the first time...i am very dissapointed due to the fact this was my first purchase... with no results... and after paying top dollar for some seeds that didnt work...you can see why im pretty irritated...so basically i just threw $70 down the toilet...

OK please humor me..... I went round and round before I could get anything to germinate so I am a bit anal about the details....
Exactly what is the temp? If you don't know - get a cheap oven thermostat - the kind that hangs on a oven rack. You can find them at the dollar store or at the grocery store. I had crappy crappy results till I got my temp at 78F consistently. Check it several different times a day - early morning and mid afternoon to make sure it's consistently 78F. And I might cover the baggie with another plate to keep out the light and I even take it a step further and cover all with a glass cake dome.... if it's to hot in there - buffer with a towel between the mat and the plate.... tweak on it. I seriously do not believe Attitude would sell junk.

I hope it helps knowing someone else blew it bigger than you did - I went through about $150 worth of seeds before I got ONE to pop.
And even if this heating pad worked a dozen times before - stuff happens.... could be to hot or to cold - this is winter so ambient temps could be lower than you think in the middle of the night.....

Yeah, I emailed the people that sold me the seeds, and they said that they would rectify the problem my next purchase. I was the one that told them to wait until I was ready to order again. I'm sure that they would have taken care of it right away, if that's how I would have wanted it.

OHC...the temp is ok....it was consistent and i do have a thermometer it was a constant 76 degrees farenheit...there was a dago tee on top of the pad to buffer it...there was also a piece of black cloth over the top...like i said...this is the first time ive ever had a problem with seeds....

Tough break, space... I wouldn't bail on them yet, though. Keep them moist and let them go a few more days. In the meantime, get some new beans on the way :hubba:. Check out dope-seeds.

hey Art!...yea its a bummer...but i have not given up on them yet....as of now tho Art...i cannot purchase any more beans...gotta watch the funds now...some unexpected things came to be....hopefully a miracle will happen.....

I do understand how to germanate from seed,temps rite waters the rite ph,nothing different..Ive planted many a seed but these were tryed at different times.only try 2 at a time.I will try them again(email) but never a problem but when you see a bad seed you know it!!!But hay!keep high!!
oneshot

yea wait some more they might grow, the only time i messed up all seeds i was trying was with overheating them so after that experience i never used a heater to seedlings again, i just put em in my home where it stays at acceptable levels no need to raise the temps very much, the heat pad might be giving too much heat right next to it onto the seeds and still it would read lower temos just above it. like the water just next to a water heater in a res will be much hotter than the whole res same effect might be on the seeds

zem said:
yea wait some more they might grow, the only time i messed up all seeds i was trying was with overheating them so after that experience i never used a heater to seedlings again, i just put em in my home where it stays at acceptable levels no need to raise the temps very much, the heat pad might be giving too much heat right next to it onto the seeds and still it would read lower temos just above it. like the water just next to a water heater in a res will be much hotter than the whole res same effect might be on the seeds

:yeahthat: I germ on top of my wireless router.

thanks friends for the responses...they are much appreciated...well im hopin the tude will get back to me and hopefully send some replacements...anyways...in the mean time i have seeds of the same from my last grow in the germing....it just sucks they are not autos...i wanted to try these bad....

Latest posts

Back