Law enforcement teams up in Operation Hemp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
MID-MICHIGAN - More than $1 million worth of marijuana plants have been taken from remote areas in six Mid-Michigan counties.

One man is in jail and up to 17 other people may join him in Operation Hemp.

Wednesday, we got a chance to see what law enforcement agencies could see from the air.

"It's been a good year for crops," said Bay County Sheriff John Miller.

But it's a bad year for the people caught growing marijuana plants.

The Bay Area Narcotics Enforcement Team (BAYANET) and local law enforcement agencies teamed up for Operation Hemp, which put a plane in the sky to spot marijuana plants.

"Marijuana has a distinct color from the air," said BAYANET's Mel Matthews.

The total comes to more than 1,000 plants worth more than $1 million.

"We located them in farm fields, corn fields, ditch lines, river bottoms, people's back yards, and some in people's homes," Matthews said.

The big plants were found in Saginaw, Bay, Midland, Gladwin, Isabella and Arenac counties.

"Some of these plants are 10 to 12 feet tall, and so we know the maturity level is perfect now for harvesting," said Midland County Undersheriff Mike Vasicek.

Police say getting the marijuana out of the fields before it was harvested will prevent other crimes, and prevent it from getting into the wrong hands.

"A lot of it gets to children who are going to school," Matthews said.

"Heroin users, cocaine users usually start out with marijuana," Miller said.

They have seized more marijuana plants in the past, but never this many suspects.

"This is the first time we've had as many marijuana growers identified," Matthews said.

There were 18 growers in all, and police say they are not done yet.

"The road deputies are not done looking for plants," Vasicek said.

"I'm sure that isn't all of it, but we have made a dent in it," Miller said.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/5fp8fq

watch out A.I.D.!!!!!!!!!!
the ghetto birds have xray vision.

A lot of it gets to children who are going to school," Matthews said.

OMG there is a play on the war on drugs front!!!! what a crock of shizzle..

Makes me sad..

just made a dent??? If they did confiscated weeds, they couldn't arrest too much people hmm... just keep growing, he said just a dent! keep going! and growing!! they gonna be sorry for bustin wrong people... they will not be a good friend any longer.. if they just think about it!

hahahaha! They showed a pile of dried out plants on the local news. Fact is they had a shitty year this year. The arrest's they made were people stupid enough to grow in their backyards. Up here you just don't do it. Most of the growers in these counties have been very careful this year,and have not left their plots very visible. They like to pull numbers out of there *** and look good for TV. Nobody is buying it anymore.. Mature plants? In another month maybe hahahaha!

Wow I must have forgot to get hooked on heroin....There must be big money in schools,the price of milk has gone up,therefore the kids must be packing the dough....These people [the authority] need to lose there tunnel vision.

all they try to do is use the media to influence the weak minded. its a sad thing how these people dont even know what they are talking about. and i hate when ppl say its a gateway drug ive never tried coke, heroin, crystal meth, sppeed, x, angel dust lol anyof that im perfectly content with smoking weed to do any drugs is a choice!

all they try to do is use the media to influence the weak minded. its a sad thing how these people dont even know what they are talking about.
Agreed.

It's sad that we must not trust medias.

Practically everything seems to be a racket for mindwashing.

FruityBud said:
MID-MICHIGAN -
"Heroin users, cocaine users usually start out with marijuana," Miller said.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/5fp8fq

AHHAHAHAHAHA Where else are they supossed to start bubble gum? Hitler started eating food before he grew up and murdered people so is food a gateway to murder. HMMM.....

thc is good for me said:
AHHAHAHAHAHA Where else are they supossed to start bubble gum? Hitler started eating food before he grew up and murdered people so is food a gateway to murder. HMMM.....

truer words have never been spoken bro i completely agree

they do that **** where i live too. its 1 80 year old retired cop, who flies a lil crappy cesna at about 80 feet over peoples fields. He claims he can spot plants from a mile away and any they make a bust he gets a blurb in the local rag. I flip him off everytime he flies over my deer stand. Im waitin for him to have a heart attack and crash.:fid:

All I know is they should thank their lucky stars they have crushed our spirit long ago. Otherwise like most other countries on the planet they would be constantly dodging ground fire. Even here just a few years ago it was either Arizona , or New Mexico one helo was brought down. They totally disrespect our privacy, and 4th amendment rights,and we let it stand........

true sfc. we have a right to privacy. yet they completely disregard that right and fly their helicopters over our property in order to find a plant that the government use to pay us to grow!

I have to snicker.

Every year they post this small article on how they got 500 or 1000 plants. They show these horrible looking things in the back of some pickup truck, and post all this drug propaganda along with it.

This year in Michigan its about the medicinal ballot, which will pass. Then its a whole different ball game for myself, one of not looking over my shoulder as much. I'll not only be a patient, but a caregiver for two others when the law passes. I cant wait to grow legally.

Reactions: SFC
dimebag420 said:
I flip him off everytime he flies over my deer stand. Im waitin for him to have a heart attack and crash.:fid:

LMAO, I do the same. I mean seriously what are they going to do, they are invading my air space dang it. I pay the taxes for the land, air I breath and water I drink, get out of my air!!!

been seeing alot of choppers over west michigan. its that time to pull out the camo netting, and piling the brush a little better. wonder if i rode my dirt bike through thier back yard early sunday morning, rippin it as loud as i can, would they mind? come on november...:rolleyes: ...

everybody's green eyes glows, makin sure all OPs is undetectable to FLIR s craps and snickerin all ya want and making sure all OPs is impossible to be busted!

i had a good size grow get busted by them. i had my crop concealed in a heavily wooded area near a river. across the water some moron planted like 10 plants in his neighbors cornfield. they found his and as they searched the area they found mine.i was two weeks from harvest. that was my first big outdoor grow and i learned alot from it. i never grow more than 5 plants at 1 site now. i also usually plant in a hole so that at full height they only look about 4 feet tall.

Latest posts

Back