leaf deficiency?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shahomy

Reaction score
130529-211216.jpg
This is Acapulco Gold...grown from seed, in Humboldt soilless medium(65%sphagnum peat) is that some kind of leaf deficiency i`m seeing? It just got it`s first week of nutes, bout 4 days ago...but that deficiency was there before. None of my other strains have ever looked this way and nothing has changed with nutes....
Does anyone have a guess?
Thank you

That looks more like light bleaching in the coloring but I'm not sure. How old is the plant? What is the PH of the water that you have been using to water it? I am suspecting that you let it go just a bit too long without nutes OR the soilless medium has kept the PH too far out of range for the plant's liking and the initial feeding was not successful because of improper PH. However, at this point I am speculating until I know more. What temps is she in? Is she by herself or are there others of the same age and medium with her?

She will grow out of it..what kind of rock is that you top dressed with?..and did ya clean it well...???

:48:

Thanks for the reply`s peeps:icon_smile:

What is the PH of the water that you have been using to water it?
currently unkown - using well water
How old is the plant?
it`s about 6 weeks old now ,from seed
What temps is she in?
80-85 F under t5 ho
Is she by herself or are there others of the same age and medium with her?
there`s others with the same medium, lites, age...and they appear fine

She will grow out of it
I`m thinking so also,...
what kind of rock is that you top dressed with?..and did ya clean it well...???
lava rock from the hydro store...no i haven`t cleaned it ...how do you clean it?
soak them in some water with bleach? and then soak in some clean water(no bleach)? or maybe soak in some green cure? have had problems w/powdery mildew in the past...

It may grow out of it. How long has it been like that, when did you first notice that? I would recommend that you have your well water tested by the county or water testing comany just to make sure that there isn't some heavier mineral like calcium that could be causing early stages of lockout that hasn't shown yet in the other plants. Its probably not an issue but its good to know what's in the water and what PH yer working with. If there are others in same varaible as this one with no effects then it could just be an anomaly as those do occur sometimes.

:yeahthat: Without knowing water content or PH, it will be hard to troubleshoot any problems. It is my experience that 80% of probs are PH related.

Latest posts

Back