Leaf Food, whens a good time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenfoxx

Reaction score
Hey All, Was wondering if anyone has ever used Advanced Nutrients Pirahna Leaf Food? If so when is a good time to use it, how often, and if it even makes a diffrence? We currently use advanced nutrients Mother earths organic bloom in nursery, and mother earths organic flowering in the bud room. Were giving them nutes every four days roughly, and neutral water on days in between.

We issolated one plant, did as instructions said, and started the once a week feeding. It seemed to burn the plant, even though we did the mix at one/third the suggested maximun mixture. Oh also, it was applied to plants in the nursery, which are under cfl's, and are on 18/6, so heat is not an issue.

Were just trying to get some feed back / experiance from people that have used spray on leaf food. Thank you in advance for your time all.

Greenfoxx's :48:

i'd be very careful will foliar sprays.... almost all sprays are phytotoxic if not mixed properly.... some plants are also more sensitive to foliar feeding and can burn even at the lowest doses....

:yeahthat:

I've never had great success with it, they can burn really easy if not done properly.

I USED to foliar feed my plants till I figured out that the little drops of water act like magnifying glasses to burn the leaves. It depends on your conditions. If you are nuting in the grow media AND foliar feeding, it may be too much for the plant to absorb as well IMO.

here's one of the best articles i've read on Phytotoxicity.... which, as the article states, "The term phytotoxicity is roughly equivalent to spray injury."

hxxp://www.spraytec.com/10/understanding-phytotoxicity-plants

If you are root feeding, adding a foliage nute seems to be overdoing it as you noticed with the burn, especially if the root solution is at, or close, to full strength.

Good move on only trying it on one plant rather than scorching your whole grow.:cool:

I'm not real big on foliar feeding unless necessary.

DD

Thanx all for the Imput, and thank you much Fleshstain for the link to the artical. Im just gonna keep that stuff in a jar to the side, and concentrate my efforts with just the one nutes i have. Maybe next year well try it on the veggie plants in the garden. maybe end up with killer tomatoes or something. Thanx again all.

Greenfoxx's

I would recommend the foliar feed only when transitioning to flower.
The micronutrients are all your really concerned with.

I would follow AN's recommendations. They do quite a bit of research. But, they also want to have as many product lines as possible.

I would do a test if I were you. Foliar feed half of the plants and label then compare them.

I foliar feed using GH micro just two or three times when I transition to flowering. Make sure and use distilled water and around 2 to 3 ml per gallon if using a non-standard foliar nutrient.

It's not much but you are only providing micronutz.

Lastly, if you have a very dense canopy you will need to put a fan on the crop to avoid longterm humidity levels. This will increase the chance of fungal and bacterial infection.

I dont foliar feed unless it is absolutely necessary, meaning if I'm have a particular deficiency, and have just recently fed, or watered and my soil is saturated, I may foliar feed a weak tea to give whatever is lacking, and don't want to put anything else in the soil. (I recently had to do a magnesium foliar feed) I never foliar feed once bud set has begun, it's too easy to help in mold production. I have read a little article on the Piranha, but I believe it was AN propaganda, I have never used it. Good Luck!

Yeah, were just gonna practice / expermint with the one we have to the side, see what comes of it in the long run. Went back to just water at time, when we go to move her to the next room, well try the feed again, in very small amounts. But more then likely will just keep misting them with neutral water, to get our one on one time with them in, daily. At time she gets nothing, her leaves after the lil bit we gave her, started curling down n in. To much nute's it seems, so just cleansing her out at time. Thanx again for imput guys.

Greenfoxx's :watchplant:

Latest posts

Back