leaf question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marsrover1

---The Red Weed---
Reaction score
should i remove some lower yellowed leaves? my mammy told me years ago its a good idea to remove dam and yellowin leaves cause there dead or dying and the plant is expending to much resorces trying to keep it alive. just wondering

I wouldnt yet if there just starting to turn yellow. But there is probly a reason for it if its the lower branches u probly dont got enough light geting to the leaves so there not helping the plant and its gonna sluff them of and if its ur top leaves turning u might have a nute problom or ur lights burning them up. I always let my plant drop the leaves buy them selfes un less im croping or taking clones

no its the lowwer ones there in almost total darkness from the monster leaves above em

still vegging 22 days old nutes are at 450ppm atm there getting a lil increase today ph is holding good at 5.7 (hydro)

Marsrover1 said:
should i remove some lower yellowed leaves? my mammy told me years ago its a good idea to remove dam and yellowin leaves cause there dead or dying and the plant is expending to much resorces trying to keep it alive. just wondering

I hate to ever have to tell someone their mother was wrong :eek:, but....your mother was wrong. The leaves should not be pulled off. The plant is not trying to keep the leaf alive. The plant is using the leaf and is pulling every bit of nutrition it can from that yellowing leaf. When it has nothing more to give to the plant, it will drop off.

Latest posts

Back