Leaf question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callawave

AKAW!!
Reaction score
So I’m watching my first ever grow becoming established,:watchplant: (wet seeds 21 days ago) and it occurred to me (a newbie remember) that the normal "cannabis emblem", is a Sativa leaf with five lobes.
Mine however have only three :eek: (I’m growing two strains of Indica).
I know the Sativas have thinner lobes than Indicas. But don’t they have the same number? :confused:
This isn’t important I know, (Unless someone tells me that I’m really growing eight Basil plants) but I’m inquisitive and can’t seem to find the answer on-line.
Cheers :D

Greetings Earthling!

Do not be frightened! I rarely eat humans. To answer your question: It's about maturity. Young plants, like yours, will first throw three blades, then in a couple more weeks there'll be 5, then 7, like that. I've seen up to nine, personally, and have heard folks tell of eleven! But then, I've heard the same folks tell of Bigfoot. Of course, this is all assuming that you are properly caring for her. Good for you for reachin' out fer answers! :D

~Snax (He Who Lurks)

Hello Callawave....its Like Snacks Said,and Once Your Plant Flowers The Blades Will Reduce Back Down To One. Aint Life Strange........................

not uncommon to have 3 fingers all the way threw..I have...doesnt seem to affecty the harvest...take care and be safe

Thank you all for that info.
Not important to the grow I know, but I’ve learnt something new.
I hope I don’t have to ask for help as I try to bring these gorgeous little plants to fruition.
I was a bit surprised when I took a measurement for my journal this morning. 2” in 24 hours.
I WAS going to veg for a month, but Gord knows how tall they’ll be by then if they keep on at that rate.

Callawave said:
I hope I don’t have to ask for help as I try to bring these gorgeous little plants to fruition...

Greetings again, my Earthbound friend! Help is the name of the game at MP! If you mean that you hope that nothing disatrous happens that you'll need help salvaging, well, me too! But even if it's simple curiousity - like your leaf question - DO NOT HESITATE to ask! There are some folks around here that're wizards in the growing arts, and having them as a resource is invaluable. I've yet to see anyone's question regarded as anything less than important.

I even ask for opinions on stuff that I have been doing successfully forever (stuff I really don't need "help" with), just to see what others think and how they do it. More than once I've incorporated someone else's ideas into my gameplan, or just simply abandoned my method in favor of someone else's when their's is just plain better! How I will dry and cure from now on is a prime example; totally different than what I used to do... way better! That's thanx to GanjaGuru and his excellent post on curing.

On my home planet we do not have resources like MP, and our plants are small and weak. All hail Earth and the MP community!

~Snax (He Who Lurks)

2" in 24 hours is an excellent growth rate, assuming that they're not stretching. What is the internode spacing?
Hmm.. .. thinking of my own grow at the moment, there is a 2:1 variation in internode spacing. Maybe we should select for small internode spacing?

HI,

Really solid info from Gandhi with a Double Double and everyone else... one more tidbit of info you can file away for you.... If you ever re-veg a plant under long light after flowering has begun in 12/12 the plant will have re-learn veg growth and will begin with single bladed leaves and grow those for a while and eventually will progress to 3, 5, 7 etc. bladed leaves.

leafminer said:
2" in 24 hours is an excellent growth rate, assuming that they're not stretching. What is the internode spacing?
Hmm.. .. thinking of my own grow at the moment, there is a 2:1 variation in internode spacing. Maybe we should select for small internode spacing?

Hi leafminer,

I'm familiar with the importance of having tight nodes... could you explain the '2:1 variation in your internode spacing' for me or point me where to learn more?

Thanx!:cool:

dirtyolsouth said:
Hi leafminer, I'm familiar with the importance of having tight nodes... could you explain the '2:1 variation in your internode spacing' for me or point me where to learn more? Thanx!:cool:
Me too!

Callawave said:
Judging by eye, between a half and three quarters of an inch.

I'm confused--you said that your plant grew 2" in 24 hours, but you have 1/2-3/4" internodal spacing :confused: Did it grow 3-4 new sets of leaves also?

The Hemp Goddess said:
I'm confused--you said that your plant grew 2" in 24 hours, but you have 1/2-3/4" internodal spacing :confused: Did it grow 3-4 new sets of leaves also?
It’s probably me, but I don’t quite know what you mean.
So I hope this helps. :D
PS. If you link to my journal, the first photo is the plant on Thursday. These latest are 48 hours later.

Saturday.jpg

Saturday 2.jpg

Saturday 3.jpg

Latest posts

Back