leaves yellowing 4 days into 12/12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manyBudZ4$

Reaction score
this is the second time i popped my lush green plants into my flowering room and within the first week leaves are half as dark as they were upon entering.
anyone else experience this before? Could the HPS lamp be causing this? No signs or deficiencies before the switch. seems to be effecting my sativas more than my indicas.

Mine always start to yellow when the buds are getting bigger,,thats normal. But mine stay nice and green untill then. Maybe a small nitrogen def.

it just baffles me that the response is this quick. 4 days in 12/12?? I dont get it

First off,,it would help to have Pics. Its hard for us to tell what yur problem is without seeing or knowing more about what yur doing with yur plant. Feeding schedules.PH numbers and so forth.

I have no pics. strawberry haze, AN nutes, grow, micro,bloom, H2,F1,carboload,sensizym, piranha, tarantula, voodoo, budblood. 850ppm. AN cal mg on every other off feeding day. PH 6.3 1000w HPS. CO2 1200ppm temp. 72F. I know i need to post pics,

6.3 is recommended by AN. I might try bumping it up to atleast 6.5.

Need to feed hotter when using CO2(higher ppm's) and also need higher temps for the co2 to be fully effective

I have always tried to keep mine around 6.8

manyBudZ4$ said:
interesting. what temps should i run at like 80F??
That a trick question.;) I like my Solution and my growroom at about 75f,but thats real tough here in the South.

i think optimum temp when running c02 is 82-85

the higher the c02 ppm the higher u want your room temp...to a point

It seems like the plants directly under the light are yellowing and the ones off to the side are lush and green. The light is more than 24" off the tops.

manyBudZ4$ - Without a pic maybe you could answer a few questions? Hows the air circulation in the flowering room? What type of bulbs are you running in veg? Is the entire plant turning lighter green to yellow or just the larger fan leaves? - lower? or upper leaves? What type of medium are the ladies growing in?

I believe It's a hortilux 1000w hps. 3 gallon bags pro mix. Only the tops of the plants are turning pale or anything that is getting the best light.

Since they're just getting started in flowering it's not too late to give them a good boost of nitrogen to be on the safe side but your issue sure sounds more like bleaching that's occurring from being close to the lights. What type of lighting do you use for vegetative growth? My guess is maybe fluros for veg and for the first week of flowering or so they may be sensitive to the high intensity lighting of your 1k.

I have a Quantum 1k dimmable digital ballast and I often have run it @ 75% (750w) when I have some bleaching and can't raise the lights anymore. Try swapping up plant positions and put the plants with bleaching off to the side and move some other plants under the light. The plants off to the side are probably acclimated to the high pressure sodium lighting by now and probably won't show signs of much if any bleaching and the plants getting yellow will get a break from the intensity. Some strains are much more prone to light bleaching than others so sometimes it takes some experimentation to find which strains like to be so close to the light.

Peace!:bong:

Ya I'm moving from a t5 in veg to the HPS that's probably the issue. I will try keeping the light further off the plants next time I make the switch

Which leaves? Bottom or top or all of them? And just the fan leaves? Yellowing starting from tips or from inside to out? Bottom will usually yellow at some point because they're not getting light. If all of them are yellowing I would flush and don't give them a ton of light (ie. burn). If just tops are yellowing I would do more research on the web.

Hello manyBudZ4$ :)

I guess you have no pics of the problem :rolleyes:

So if your bottom leaves are yellowing in soil ...
Check ph with decent calibrated ph tester "check runoff as well" ...
Some indoor growers prefer to "overload" nitrogen before the flip with certain strains in mind !

You say that your sativa strains are mostly effected at this point in time !

I guess if your "lower" leaves are yellowing and you have just flipped a couple of things to keep in mind would /could be ....
Your watering/feeding schedule has just changed to suit your "lights on" "flowering cycle" so watering less often will be required as overwatering can cause lower leaves to yellow as well but if you have a slight eagle claw effect on other leaves my thoughts would be the nitrogen is mobile .
Good luck . THC :D

Latest posts

Back