leaving the girls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

METALMOVER420

Reaction score
For the next few weeks I have to leave town for 4 days at a time, everything in the dwc is automated except for the water. My question is do they make a float that will work in a 5 gallon bucket system attached to a resivoir? I thought about a toilet bowl type but Im worried about a root tangling problem.Ive thought of the gallon drip emitters on a timer but worry about there accuracy. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.

METALMOVER420 said:
For the next few weeks I have to leave town for 4 days at a time, everything in the dwc is automated except for the water. My question is do they make a float that will work in a 5 gallon bucket system attached to a resivoir? I thought about a toilet bowl type but Im worried about a root tangling problem.Ive thought of the gallon drip emitters on a timer but worry about there accuracy. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.

Leaving for 4 days at a time should not be a problem. Just make sure that the water is topped off before you leave and check them as soon as you get back. There is really no float that I would trust to not get tangled up in the roots. Actually, I would not trust them anyway. It only takes a little tiny piece of debris to keep those things from shutting off. Ditto on the drippers. I use drip emitters at my home for outside ornamental plants. I find that they put out far more than they are supposed to.

Yeah Ive done 3 days before and all ok, just a little worried, if I get snowed in somewhere or something. Thanks Hemp Godess, I wish you and everyone a happy Haloween. If I come up with a idea Ill let you know. By the way HG have you seen the little portable syphons at your local hardware store? Great for emptying the buckets, man it makes that task a lot easier.

Latest posts

Back