LED's suggested wavelength, bulb color ratio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Major Stoned

Reaction score
What's up MP, I'm am looking into some Apollo Series LED Grow Lights.
I have some suggested wavelengths, and bulb color ratio's, but would like to add a few more colors to the ratio for the fuller spectrum. Make a 10 band if I can. Look's like there are 15 bulbs in each pocket.

Here's what I have so far. All colors available. red, blue, orange, yellow, green, white, UV, IR.

red: (620-630nm), blue: (460-470)=8:1, or 7:2

red: (620-630nm), blue: (460-470nm), orange: (610-615nm)=7:1:1

The pic is Apollo 10 450 watt LED 150X3w. Thank you. :cool:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=211480&stc=1&d=1391041452

apollo 10.jpg

PJ is definitely the guy to speak with on that. But I can certainly tell you right away that green light is worthless for plants as they reflect green light, and UV and IR are both not helpful to the plants either. I forget what the Nanometer numbers are but I would only use what gave me from 6200-6700Kelvin and 2500-3200Kelvin light Those seem to be the best ranges of light for MJ. The higher numbers for vegging and the lower numbers for flowering. And if you really wan to get fancy, you have a few of the low band come on during vegging with all of the high band lights. And then have a few of the high band lights come on during flowering with all of the low band lights. :)
I honestly don't believe that you need to have 7-10 different bands of light. But I haven't messed with them so I could be wrong.

Thanks guys, Maybe I should ask the question a little different.

What is everyone else running there LED Wavelength/light color ratio at?

Thanks for your input guys.

Again,,,PJ would be the guy to ask. He even builds his own and hes quite good it. I personally dont care for Leds,,but to each is own. maybe ya could send PJ a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Everyone, WeedHopper, Hushpuppy. I'm now sighed up with Marijuana-Culture. Thanks 4u2sm0ke also for the PM. Hope to see you all there.

Latest posts

Back