Lexapro and MJ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meg

Potatoes
Reaction score
I've been prescribed Lexapro by my doctor and am wondering about the effects of smoking while on this anti-d. I've googled around a lot but haven't found really anything about taking the two of them together. Apparently there isn't much research.
Yesterday I took my dosage (10mg) and smoked about 2 g's. It might have been the placebo effect but I definately felt higher. I felt a total body buzz and was high for quite some time.
Anywho, just wondering if anybody knows anything about this or if anybody is on anti-d's and smokes weed. I'm really curious.:confused:

well anything that changes your mindstate will contribute to you feeling the effects. So you have Anti Depressants i take it? which obviously alter your mindstate to begin with, and you have cannabis which will definetly alter it, so you might feel higher.. however the only thing ive found that seems to make a noticable effect on how high you get is alcohol... theres nothing nicer than having a nice cointreau or some whiskey with a zoot, then youll feel higher!.. as for meds? i dont think it will be noticable

Yeah alcohol and weed always makes for an interesting combination. Haha.
Well, I hope that it does improve my high and wasn't all in my head. Anyways, thanks for the help! :)

well i dunno about lexapro, i have took a anti-d before and smoked and felt alot stronger of a high. so i wouldnt doubt you wouldnt : ) hope it feels good.

np, my girl just got put on it also, that's the only reason I know what it is lol :)

yeah myself im not to educated about lexapro so good thing you showed up lol

I actually used to be on lexapro for a long time.... i didn't like it it made me zombie out so to say..and tired all the time. As far as conflicting with MJ... absolutely not.

Lexapro is some a powerful anti-dep so just be careful... you get really depressed if you just stop it all of a sudden.. just letting you know... I got off that .. i feel better without it

Yeah, I've heard some bad reviews of Lexapro. But as well some good ones. I guess it depends on the person. I'm gonna give it try...

Thanks to everyone for responding.. If it is the placebo effect (as it seems it might be) I welcome it with open arrrmmmsss!

Yes. I'm high. :D

... And in the process of making BROWNIES! The special kind ;)

yes i agree with you meg, i believe lexapro or any kind of substance has different affects on different people. wish you luck on whatever choice you make : ) and have fun with your brownies that sounds so good right now

HydrO PasSiOn said:
yes i agree with you meg, i believe lexapro or any kind of substance has different affects on different people. wish you luck on whatever choice you make : ) and have fun with your brownies that sounds so good right now

Thanks Hydro! :)
I can't wait to ingest them. mm. yum. :D

lol yeah i never tasted brownies like that before, or any kind of thing with bud in it. maybe when my crop is ready ill give it a whirl. ill make a big one hehe

HydrO PasSiOn said:
lol yeah i never tasted brownies like that before, or any kind of thing with bud in it. maybe when my crop is ready ill give it a whirl. ill make a big one hehe
They taste like they smell. It's a bit funky at first. But you get used to it. A great high usually lasting for about 6 hours, awesome body buzz. For me anyways.. I guess it depends on how you cook em!

Latest posts

Back