Light burn? PH?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy Girard

Reaction score
I'm a complete newbie and I'm stumped on what is troubling my plant, Marge. Sorry, I'm a dork and I've named all of my plants. I've just been watering with PH water. Planted in foxfarm ocean blend but in the middle I just used foxfarm happy frog. Autoflower seeds. Please be nice😆
20230704_104133.jpg
20230704_104127.jpg

Your plant looks fine. The yellowing leaves look to be touching or almost touching the soil so I would carefully pinch them off. The soil you are using probably has nutes in it but maybe not a good source of cal mag. What pH are you watering with?

And I think you will find we are all pretty nice here. We joke around a bit and are prone to thread drift but it is all in fun.

Awesome. I have been watching some redit posts and decided to interact here instead because everyone seems so helpful and fun for the most part.

What's the white speckling on the top of the lower fan leafs? They appear to be carcasses to me. Look close, is there any movement?

Hi Amy, welcome to the passion. I agree that maybe those lower leaves touching or almost touching should be pinched off. They probably get wet when you water them and could cause moisture issues in your new growth. Don’t worry, you won’t miss them in a day or two.
have you started adding nutrients yet?
also how do you water and how often?

What's the white speckling on the top of the lower fan leafs? They appear to be carcasses to me. Look close, is there any movement?
I have not seen anything recently but when I first started her and got down really close to water I did see 2 gnat like bugs in the soil.

I believe that's mineral deposits from my humidifier. It's covering everything......
Did you say humidifier? Wow I need dehumidifier. Like gmo says give those spots a real close up look with a scope or swell them up on your camera phone so you can get a better look at them…

Did you say humidifier? Wow I need dehumidifier. Like gmo says give those spots a real close up look with a scope or swell them up on your camera phone so you can get a better look at them…
I have an affinity grow tent with a controller and the humidifier turns on when the humidity dips below 60%.

Hi Amy, welcome to the passion. I agree that maybe those lower leaves touching or almost touching should be pinched off. They probably get wet when you water them and could cause moisture issues in your new growth. Don’t worry, you won’t miss them in a day or two.
have you started adding nutrients yet?
also how do you water and how often?
I haven't added any nutrients. I was hoping that the soil would get me close to flower before I needed to add any. I am looking into cal mag. Any thoughts on silica? Watering has been almost every day but just a small amount. Everything I've watched and read says not to over water. Now I'm scared to give her a soaking.

Your plant looks fine. The yellowing leaves look to be touching or almost touching the soil so I would carefully pinch them off. The soil you are using probably has nutes in it but maybe not a good source of cal mag. What pH are you watering with?
In pinching then off should i punch them both off the same day? Or one per week? With her being an autoflower I don't know if pinching 2 off will over stress her? I have so much information floating in my head but no experience.

In pinching then off should i punch them both off the same day? Or one per week? With her being an autoflower I don't know if pinching 2 off will over stress her? I have so much information floating in my head but no experience.
Can't blame you I stunted my first two beans. You can trust you will get good advice from these guys. I am pretty sure you can pinch them both off at one time

Latest posts

Back