Nurient burn, light, heat burn or >>>

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinpan Harry

Reaction score
On my latest grow this burn started appearing on several plants in veg and flower. Im using the Fox Farm nutrients and in the last month or so have been battling spider mites. I have younger one- two foot tall plants with no problems. I switch from Happy Frog soil to Ocean Forest soil when they are about 2 feet tall.

I have treated the larger plants for spider mites, every few days or so with Plant therapy, then a few days later Alcohol 30%, Water 70%, then a few days later Neem Oil. I continue to find Spider Mites! Thinking of throwing all 7 of these plants out and starting from scratch. Thoughts? See Pic. Thanks!
IMG_6424.jpg

Just from the description I would guess low humidity causing nute burn as larger plants use more water and take in more nutes.

But sick plants infested with spider mites would have to be pretty close to harvest for me to keep them around. That looks like a lot of work.

Without seeing the plants I don't know how bad it is but if your having to use all those things and still have an mites. Yey ya might want to start over. You growing outside?

i agree 100% with weedhopper, need to see whole plant ;)
Attached. Thanks! The yellow leaf in the lower right corner of the picture. It’s a good example of the same type of problem. Please bear in mind. These plants were also suffering from a spider mite infection. There are mostly recovered all the way I found a few last week. Humidity is low, 30% temp is at 77. Whether it cost this problem or not, I probably do need to set up a humidifier.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6552.jpeg
    IMG_6552.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Attached. Thanks! The yellow leaf in the lower right corner of the picture. It’s a good example of the same type of problem. Please bear in mind. These plants were also suffering from a spider mite infection. There are mostly recovered all the way I found a few last week. Humidity is low, 30% temp is at 77. Whether it cost this problem or not, I probably do need to set up a humidifier.

Thanks!
I see the Mite damage How did you rectify it?

I see the Mite damage How did you rectify it?
I alternated every other day with several things, plant therapy from Amazon, which is some mint oils, alcohol and neem I believe. Then wait two days and then how would use neem oil, then wait another two days then use 30% alcohol to 70% water. I also put Diamacous earth at the bottom of the stems of each plant and and topped with neem seed powder. This has been going on for at least a month now with me treating as I find more bugs and today I found a few more. that’s why I’m thinking about chucking all these plants and starting over. I have some additional plants in a nursery area that’s not infected.

I alternated every other day with several things, plant therapy from Amazon, which is some mint oils, alcohol and neem I believe. Then wait two days and then how would use neem oil, then wait another two days then use 30% alcohol to 70% water. I also put Diamacous earth at the bottom of the stems of each plant and and topped with neem seed powder. This has been going on for at least a month now with me treating as I find more bugs and today I found a few more. that’s why I’m thinking about chucking all these plants and starting over. I have some additional plants in a nursery area that’s not infected.
I also rotated in dr dead bug and. A pyrethrum(sp) solution from Safer. This last on seemed to help. But I suspect it added to my burnt leaves problem which started before I went crazy trying to kill these effing mites.

food grade h2o2 3% and natural liquid soap is what you shouldve started with, simple and cheap, think KISS and take it from there with different stuff others recommend posting pics along the way, lots of people have gone thru this aand are helpful

my opinion CLEAN EVERTHING start over

this is just my opinion, i am an @ss

food grade h2o2 3% and natural liquid soap is what you shouldve started with, simple and cheap, think KISS and take it from there with different stuff others recommend posting pics along the way, lots of people have gone thru this aand are helpful

Thanks so much!

Thanks much. What is the mix or ratio to H202 to natural liquid soap?

1 teaspoon of the soap, you can also add 1 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda)

try your best to spay at lights out

What percentage h202 to water, and how much soap per gallon? Thanks so much

Bugs can cause a lot of damage and make a grower freak out. I read through the thread and I see nothing on how much your feeding or measuring. Did I miss something..lol.

Check out over and underfeeding of nitrogen. Check out those purple stems. Caused by stress, magnesium, or pest infestation.

When I see any issues with my plants I have half dozen sites bookmarked that can help me with issues that come up. I frequent those sites to help myself learn more or help others.

I hope ya get them bugs under control. They can be horrible and take so much time and money to eradicate. May want to clean out after this grow and big bomb the place. Best of luck to ya. You'll get through this..don't kill them.

Latest posts

Back