Jacks Nutrients

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually add fishnure or worm castings but I mix it in with the Mykos under the root ball
I have been intending to get some mykos, but learned last week that worm castings naturally has mykos in it, hence the reason I am giving that a whirl before I order some mykos.

I have been intending to get some mykos, but learned last week that worm castings naturally has mykos in it, hence the reason I am giving that a whirl before I order some mykos.
I never tried Myco granules until lately. When I reported my mystery auto which popped up in my multi strain grow I had used Myco when I planted in the 1gal pot. Upon report the roots were very thick and developed. It's cheap and effective. Only take a little. Ya can never go wrong with ewc though. It's gold for a grow.

Here's my rouge auto. In promix HP Myco. Fed jacks classic till flower then bloom at 1/4tsp each watering. I see nothing wrong but then again all plants are different. Some of my photos are showing tip burn. I can live with that.

The mystery auto by Jacks.
IMG_20240301_105803975.jpg

Ya know, it was about this stage I was seeing lots of deficiencies last grow using the TPS Nutrients. Kinda creeped in during early to mid flower. With the jacks I'm not seeing that...yet. I say yet cause sheet happens but for the most part I'm all in with Jack's. All in with no pH checks, all in for keeping it simple and affordable. Do I need to grow the finest, biggest, bomb bud in the universe? Nope, just good enough to satisfy the old man.

Okay so I did pull out my pH ppm meter on my first watering with jacks. 1/4tsp per gal come up to roughly 500ppm and 7.2ph. With a leap of faith I've been watering just like mentioned above. Lately I've been working in calcium nitrate and Epsom salt in the mix in very small amounts. Even adding that I'm still not checking pH or ppm yet I see no problems and it's been over 1.5months of jacks use in my garden.

What's not missed is mixing multiple items together and following a sliding scale of nutrient application. I'll leave all that technical mess to those not quite as lazy as I am..lol. Jacks Rocks

Okay so I did pull out my pH ppm meter on my first watering with jacks. 1/4tsp per gal come up to roughly 500ppm and 7.2ph. With a leap of faith I've been watering just like mentioned above. Lately I've been working in calcium nitrate and Epsom salt in the mix in very small amounts. Even adding that I'm still not checking pH or ppm yet I see no problems and it's been over 1.5months of jacks use in my garden.

What's not missed is mixing multiple items together and following a sliding scale of nutrient application. I'll leave all that technical mess to those not quite as lazy as I am..lol. Jacks Rocks
When you add epsom salt and potassium nitrate you are tweaking the entire balance of your feeding. Do the calculations of every element that you are feeding and move the other elements along to keep the desired npk and trace element mix. When you add mag you must add calcium. In veg i aim at 2-1-2 to 2--2-2. In flower i go from 1-1-2 to 0--2-2. Get some humic fulvic acid and amino acid and what else. In the old days my ppm would be like 1500 and my water would be transparent nowadays my water is 800ppm and i cannot see 1 inch through because of all the additives that i put in. It is more about helping the plant to intake what it wants rather than adding stuff that it is lacking.

No but it is my understanding that it is a salts only fertilizer so i am suggesting you get beneficials along it
To be honest. I don't know how to calculate every element I'm feeding. I'm the dump it in the bucket and water kinda guy. So simple you'll think I'm retarded.

To be honest. I don't know how to calculate every element I'm feeding. I'm the dump it in the bucket and water kinda guy. So simple you'll think I'm retarded.
Not retarted Just Knows what works. I paid 27.00 for Jacks in Sept. I have 24 plants going at all times. I water with Jacks every 2 to 3 days as they need it. 1/2 tsp per gallon of water. I have barely used an inch from the top of the4 pound Tub. It will last a full year at minimum. I am adding Humboldt’s cal mag at flower. I have a friend down the street that only uses unsulphered black strap molasses and Epsom salts and nothing else. The important thing is to dial in what you use for your plants. These plants are not even a month old yet planted 2/4 came up 2/5.I have Jacks dialed in and until I do not I will keep doing what I am now.
IMG_3345.jpeg

Not at all i used to do it like that until i started taking it more seriously. It is easy to calculate every element especially that you are using a ready mix. They already have everything written on the package, you just need to calculate what you are adding from each one. Other salts have percentage composition you can search for like magnesium sulfste aka epsom salt is roughly 20% mg. Potassium nitrate is labeled 13-0-45 is actually 45% k2o of which 83% is k so it is in fact 13-0-37 go figure. Anyway you could just dump in the bucket but i think you would get better results consistently if you know what you are doing

Not at all i used to do it like that until i started taking it more seriously. It is easy to calculate every element especially that you are using a ready mix. They already have everything written on the package, you just need to calculate what you are adding from each one. Other salts have percentage composition you can search for like magnesium sulfste aka epsom salt is roughly 20% mg. Potassium nitrate is labeled 13-0-45 is actually 45% k2o of which 83% is k so it is in fact 13-0-37 go figure. Anyway you could just dump in the bucket but i think you would get better results consistently if you know what you are doing
I get what your saying but I'm just not real interested in the science of it all. I'm just trying to find that simple method that works regardless of my knowledge of its content. Maybe that sounds lazy to some but I'm not a techy science guy like some. I do understand basic gardening and can read a plant and grow cannabis fairly well.
Another reason I'm doing all this jacks stuff is to find that simple formula for growing for the new guy out there just starting out. I mean how simple can it get. Peat, perilite, and Jack's.When we bombard a new grower with meters, measurements, formulas, amendments environment, medium, and everything else I'm sure some get pretty discouraged.
I want to continue with just jacks and what I've mentioned above. This way I have proof it works..my proof. I love it when I see a new grower succeed. If I can help them along the way with a simple cheap startup method of growing that I can say I have done...I'm all in.

I do thank you for sharing your knowledge. That's the great part of grow forums.

Not retarted Just Knows what works. I paid 27.00 for Jacks in Sept. I have 24 plants going at all times. I water with Jacks every 2 to 3 days as they need it. 1/2 tsp per gallon of water. I have barely used an inch from the top of the4 pound Tub. It will last a full year at minimum. I am adding Humboldt’s cal mag at flower. I have a friend down the street that only uses unsulphered black strap molasses and Epsom salts and nothing else. The important thing is to dial in what you use for your plants. These plants are not even a month old yet planted 2/4 came up 2/5.I have Jacks dialed in and until I do not I will keep doing what I am now.View attachment 353062

Mr Greenjeans would be proud of that garden. I bet he used jacks too..lol.

Sorry but to grow organically you have to avoid all salt based nutrients... I use Espoma Plant starter plus and my liquid nutrients at half strength. Never seem to have an issue with PH, not sure where that comes from... I think there is a reason it's rated #2 overall by MJ growers.

My buddy over in the Outback says Americans are silly buying all these nutrients because of smiling tomato's and fancy bottles that truly are not needed to grow fine marijuana.. and there is a bit of truth is what he says... wanna see.

Buy yourself a bag of good soil, only add Calmag (from week 2 of veg, not only at flower) and at week 4 - 6 of Flower a PK Booster.. PK 13/14 was the go to years ago.. and this is all he uses...
Beneficial Teas can be added to keep organics activated..

I've come close to going this far.... and I have very good results last few grows using Advanced Nutrients 3pt...

Best advice I ever received was from Deadvet, creator of Celtic Stone strain.... if it works for you, work it.

Work it Jan

I totally get what you are trying to do but you will gain knowledge regardless. For a starters you just learned that when you add mg it is important to add double the amount in Ca. This info will only add up as you go. You will have to learn how to diagnose issues and how to deal with them. There is no magic fertilizer that does it all by itself. You will still get weed anyway but if you want better results consistently it is a good idea to learn imo. Good luck and happy growing.

Latest posts

Back