KGBSkunky's terrible experiments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGBSkunky

Reaction score
Ok so I need to bring my grow up to date here because I realized if you aren't documenting a grow you aren't contributing.

This grow is in an original EarthBox and I have used them many times. 20 years ago I grew some but misunderstood WHEN to harvest and it was just mediocre but if this site had existed I would have known I was a month away from when I should have harvested. My conditions were less than ideal but that changes with this tent.

I am using the off the shelf AC Infinity 3x3 kit which includes a controller to keep all conditions within tolerances. They shipped a 6 inch exhaust instead of the 4 inch but that still works. The light is 240 watts from the wall which should give me 1000 watts of usable light.

I don't run heavy on fertilizer. I am using Dr Earth tomato organic with Promix organic and updated with peat moss. In flowering I fertilize with one ounce of either fertilizer mixed to correct label proportions or boosters at only 1 ounce per plant on top of the soil. There will be no buildup in the soil to flush

On to my first grow in 20 years and my strange way of thinking

Gorilla Zkilttlez
White Widow
Northern Lights
Sour Diesel (stunted to death)

Last edited:
I stunted the plants by misreading the instructions on the FoxFarms grow fertilizer which I mixed "I thought" in accordance with the instructions. Who knew that if you substituted "table spoon" for "tea spoon" it would make a difference? As a result I stunted them all. The one Sour Diesel runt never recovered but the rest did but one just barely. I had to flush the soil that holds 6 gallons of water to stop the leaf burn from the FoxFarm error I made. Took 20 gallons to do it

Attachments

• IMG_1173.JPEG
    IMG_1173.JPEG
    978.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1186.JPEG
    IMG_1186.JPEG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1203.JPEG
    IMG_1203.JPEG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1242.JPEG
    IMG_1242.JPEG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1256.JPEG
    IMG_1256.JPEG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC03724 - Copy.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
This was when I was listening to Creedence and kept trimming. For photos this will be my method. At ten days into flowering I got a decent showing and decided to trim some fan leaves. Luckily you are supposed to leave the top 3 or 4 fan leaves and that's all I left. I really thought I had damaged them

Attachments

• IMG_1270.JPEG
    IMG_1270.JPEG
  • IMG_1273.JPEG
    IMG_1273.JPEG
I have tiny buds appearing on the striped area of my plant. I look at them under my USB microscope to practice looking at trichomes. One had been out for a week so I threw it in with another familiar strain in my Crafty+

Wow it’s like a completely different strain. This is gonna be monumental

This was when I was listening to Creedence and kept trimming. For photos this will be my method. At ten days into flowering I got a decent showing and decided to trim some fan leaves. Luckily you are supposed to leave the top 3 or 4 fan leaves and that's all I left. I really thought I had damaged them

what song were you listening to?

Looks like day 40 of flower is here. Note the bottom of the grow. These little tiny buds keep growing back the plants are so healthy. I know you guys can do better but this is exactly what I was aiming for. The buds inside the canopy seem to be of a decent size also. The larger fan leaves are changing color

Attachments

• IMG_1455.jpeg
    IMG_1455.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1456.jpeg
    IMG_1456.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1457.jpeg
    IMG_1457.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1459.jpeg
    IMG_1459.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1460.jpeg
    IMG_1460.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1461.jpeg
    IMG_1461.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Your weed you grew. That's the most important part of all. 👍
Wait until you see the strange configuration I plan on using in the next grow. But the next one will be fully documented. I would have fully documented this one but I still feared arrest. But while I was a criminal yesterday today I am an upright citizen cause as of today it’s all legal!

Wait until you see the strange configuration I plan on using in the next grow. But the next one will be fully documented. I would have fully documented this one but I still feared arrest. But while I was a criminal yesterday today I am an upright citizen cause as of today it’s all legal!

in one state I am a felon , cultivation , and in another I am a compassionate caregiver , grower

schizophrenic eh

that is moist!

what kind of experiment are you running?
Right now I am using an original earth box with a custom soil mix. The mix has to be around 85% peat moss. The 70% moisture is continuous through the entire grow. Since the water isn’t stagnant and moves continually there is no chance of root rot. In my next experiment I plan on moving that concept to 2 gallon plastic pots and do two groups of autos to build my stock. Then I want to grow 4 exotic photo strains and make some feminized seeds from them.

In all honesty I have zero idea if it will work in 2 gallon pots

And the 70% has been verified by both a high tech probe and a simple two prong moisture meter. Both read 70%

Attachments

• IMG_1370.png
    IMG_1370.png
    216.6 KB · Views: 0
Right now I am using an original earth box with a custom soil mix. The mix has to be around 85% peat moss. The 70% moisture is continuous through the entire grow. Since the water isn’t stagnant and moves continually there is no chance of root rot. In my next experiment I plan on moving that concept to 2 gallon plastic pots and do two groups of autos to build my stock. Then I want to grow 4 exotic photo strains and make some feminized seeds from them.

In all honesty I have zero idea if it will work in 2 gallon pots

And the 70% has been verified by both a high tech probe and a simple two prong moisture meter. Both read 70%

cool experiment!….

the soil sounds like ProMix , it is around 80-90% per volume

do you have a Thread on this project?

also , what are the 4 exotic strains?

hahahahahahha!….fukin’ stoner me , this is your Experiment Thread after all….

dam , I am gonna smoke another joint
It is Promix organic in the compressed yellow bag. However that’s closer to 60-65 percent peat. Has to have more peat or it won’t wick the way it should. So I mix it half and half with 100% peat moss.

As for the 4 exotic strains I will have to figure on that one. I am thinking Acapulco Gold and an African strain for two of them

It is Promix organic in the compressed yellow bag. However that’s closer to 60-65 percent peat. Has to have more peat or it won’t wick the way it should. So I mix it half and half with 100% peat moss.

As for the 4 exotic strains I will have to figure on that one. I am thinking Acapulco Gold and an African strain for two of them

soil mix sounds killer for what you are doing

love the African strandivars , Durban Poison , Angola Red , and Malawi was of favorite..

Morocco is in North Africa ya know…🤡

Latest posts

Back