Light of the North

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:woohoo::woohoo:
Here we gooooo. Been planning as many of you are aware re: my questions. Thanks for putting up with my newbness, here comes my journal. I've been reading journals since OG way back, but this is my first grow. Finally taking a plunge, even tho my conditions are slightly less than optimal.

11/2/07

The Facts:
36h"x16d"22w"
3xNorthern Lights 100% indica - www.seedboutique.com (arrived in 6 days)
6" Pots for veg filled with: 2partsorganic topsoil, 1part verm, perl.
Vegging under 8 CFLs @ around 9500-11000 lumens. 150w HPS for Flower. Might scrog, depending on my luck with sexing.
Carbon filter from ebay gonna go on when it becomes an issue, unless I get motivated to rig one.
They say music is good. On average they'll get 2-5 hours of death metal and classic rock daily!

So it's in a closet. near a window. My plan is for exhaust fans only, unless the HPS dictates otherwise. Check pics to see, so far its working great. With the closet door closed and the window closed running fine.

This is ridiculous though, I've germ'd seeds tons of times in my day and never seen this happen. All the seeds sank in less than 12 hours in a cup w/ superthrive, they all had taproots over 1cm after another 12-16 hours in paper towels.. After planting, 2/3 popped next day(today).. I had to rush on my box cause I didn't think it'll all be rdy til Monday or so.

u might not be able to see, temp is about 81... Humidity 40ish.. this is with closet door closed.
Should I freeze some water bottles or a mug of water to add some humidity.. ???
This grow is gonna be my baby so it wont bother me to do that a lot..

oh also.. With the closet door closed, it's sealed from light. I'm also gonna get some kind of way to make the door shut tighter and seal, in effort to make the suction better.

looking good :D I will be hanging around this journal for awhile if you dont mind Good luck peace

Sticky_Budz said:
looking good :D I will be hanging around this journal for awhile if you dont mind Good luck peace

Please do stick around got knows I need help... 84 F 28 % humidity this morning? Is that too low for humidity for seedlings?

I never messed with humidity much. I've had herb grow from 10% to 50%. Temps is more critical IMO. Humidity is a factor, but grown fine what ever my area r/h was.
84F is a lil high, if you could get that down I would.
Whats up with the front door? looks like you could get light leaks come flower.
I would also try to make a homeade reflector and turn the sockets so the bulbs will be at the same level ;)
Otherwise looking great!!!!!

The door is my intake, it's working so far. Flower isnt a problem, light is solved by the door to the closet when flower comes around.

I'm trying to keep the closet door closed now that I've discovered it's possible, but I'll crack the door if it gets any higher than 85 today. I added the frozen bottle of water, i bet it'll drop the temp a tiny bit and raise humidity a liiiitle.. but I feel better after what u said mutt lol. Gonna take a look at my options for a reflector.

Thanks!

sry for crappy cell phone pics.. :rolleyes:

meet mary and jane.. the third one was kinda blown over and the sad excuse for a root was sticking out.. i put it back in the soil and it's doing somethin.. we'll see if it sticks around. Mary's Cotyledons are curved slightly downward, figured no cause for concern.

Whats up mang. I see some babies and may i say they look in very good health. Here's some GREEN MOJO for the little one's. ;)

:watchplant::watchplant::watchplant:

11/8
Both 1" high.
#3 is dead, sprouted but had no roots

Jane is a MUTANT! The 2nd leaf sets are beginning to show and jane has 4 itty bitty leaves, 2 growing in the middle and 2 shooting out the side.. Mary has the regular pointy tiny green beginnings of a new node, but jane has that and an oddly placed 2nd leaf set.

My stems are still purply, and i have a little discoloration at the tips and edges of the leaves. My lady friend thinks it is a purple sort of color at the VERY tips of the leaves, I think it's gone crispy from being too close to the CFLs. I moved them back to 4-5" from 2-3".

Also beginning to water more aggressively, and even misting the plants themselves. 1cm of dryness on top and i wet it down again. Before I let it get to 1-2" deep of dryness before.. I think this was being too careful not to over water.

Pics coming in a few days when they're significantly different looking than the pics in the other post.

Sounds like alot of water, small seedlings dont need much.

Are you just giving them PH adj water? andy nutes?

No nutes. I have a burly exhaust fan and no humidity so my soil dries out so quick. Water is tap that i let sit for a few days before using. I mostly spray-water them, todays the first time i poured into the soil since before I sprouted.

doh :rolleyes:

I'm moving!

we're 15 day's from sprout and the plants are about 1" high still, barely 2nd leaf sets.. why so slow. Mary's first leaves died very very slowly. Browned from the edges inwards and eventually the leaves just died. Now the second leaf set is there and a healthy green - but apparently just not wanting to grow.

Jane is still alive, still a freak. Now has the beginnings of like 4 itty bitty leaf sets, she's kinda yellowing. If she ever gets big enough for my camera to focus on the leaves, we'll see.

my theory for the failure: soil too packed tight, vermiculite was in there too. Idk really im a newb. It's ok I've still got 7 seeds of NL, 2 durban poison x skunk #1 and even procured some alaskan thunder funk:hubba: , idk tho isnt that an outdoor strain?

Anywho my new place is no longer a SMALL apartment, but a house - with considerable privacy - Gonna be a whole new ball game. Gonna break the piggy bank and get this kit from htg

Time to make some measurements and get to work on my new growbox. New journal by christmas guys, see ya - ill be lurking =D

Latest posts

Back