lights and clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms4ms

ms4ms
Reaction score
hey guys and gals, first off I have just read over 45 posts to try and fing my "perfect" answer...no luck so here is my ?. I have 2 small afgani clones on 18/6 250 hps. They are not stretching at all. I feel as a clone it is already over 50 days old so I feed them a full feeding b ut I feel t hey should be growing faster. they are in my 18/6 flower box and I thought they would flower in about 6 weeks??? I can see very small "pistols" with the naked eye. This is a challenge as the donor mama died and I have to grow the babies right?? Should I keep them in the 250 18/6 flower room or go 24/7 under cfl's in the veg room???/

You need 12 hours darkness to flower.

If there not stretching the HPS is fine.
If you think they are growing slow tell us more about what you are using.

Doesnt sound like its the lights to me.

I agree.. They were probably stunted for a couple weeks or moor but they should be taking off now.. If you have a good root structure than i would go ahead and flower all but one. Keep one for a mum...

Also you wont see any pre-flowers/pistols until a week into flower "12/12" unless your plant shows pre sex...

I feel as a clone it is already over 50 days old so I feed them a full feeding b ut I feel t hey should be growing faster. they are in my 18/6 flower box and I thought they would flower in about 6 weeks???
Pre-flowers will express themselves when the plant reaches 'sexual maturity', under 24/0 or under 12/12. You see pistills, they are mature and ready to flower at your convinience.

and thanks to all that replied. It probably is the stress from being freshly cloned. I only have 2 afghani clones but I just germed 2 snow whites that will be in the veg box in a week or so. I think I will put 1 back into the veg room so I can get more clones. When I do this the lites will be on 24/7 which are cfl's and I will switch the other from 18/6 to 12/12 for flowering. I am using all fox farm soil and nutes and I am feeding these better as a fellow lr2 grower(brouli) noticed I wasn't feeding my just harvested ryders with the right amount of food and nutes.

ms4ms said:
and thanks to all that replied. It probably is the stress from being freshly cloned. I only have 2 afghani clones but I just germed 2 snow whites that will be in the veg box in a week or so. I think I will put 1 back into the veg room so I can get more clones. When I do this the lites will be on 24/7 which are cfl's and I will switch the other from 18/6 to 12/12 for flowering. I am using all fox farm soil and nutes and I am feeding these better as a fellow lr2 grower(brouli) noticed I wasn't feeding my just harvested ryders with the right amount of food and nutes.

I love FoxFarm products. I strayed to some other soil once with devastating results.:D :D :D :D

FFOF is great soil...

Latest posts

Back