lights???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

str8xjagerxbongxtoker

Reaction score
just wanted to know if someone could help me out with finding a good quality and not so expesive growing lamp... im only looking to grow like 3 or 4 plants. im a noob so anything would help me out

Cant go wrong for that many plants with a 400. Check out HTG garden supply, they have good stuff ;)

Welcome to MP! The 400w is a great suggestion for 4 plants but the lights are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to indoor growing. I highly suggest that you do a lot of reading and learning about growing marijuana indoors before you start spending any money on gear. A good light is a great start but there are many other factors to consider.

A few of the big details are ventilation, temp control, and odor control and they all go hand in hand with growing healthy marijuana plants. If you do your grow in a tight space it will require strong ventilation to pull the heat off the lights. You'll want to buy an air cooled hood or a cool tube style of reflector so you can hook up a strong inline fan to the duct work.

And even if you get a 400w hps light and some good ventilation you have to be careful where you exhaust the stinky air. If you hook up a light and don't bother with ventilation your temps are going to be too high for optimum conditions and by the 4th week of flowering odor will start as a small problem and grow in to a skunky smell throughout your whole house. While I love the smell personally, if LE or any other people come by my place they may not care for it. No matter how well you hide your grow space, if your house smells like skunk weed growing everyone will know what you're doing in there. There are carbon filters that scrub all the odor from the air and they are the best solution to the odor problem.

Check out the stickies on this website and other online grow guides to learn as much as you can about growing mj indoors. This is a great hobby but if you order a light and get started you'll soon discover that investing in this hobby never seems to end for some more than others.

Good Luck!:cool:

yea i know theres more to it than lights. but i was gonna be ordering a growing tent so it s not going to be that big of a harvest. also its my first time growing so i wanna start small.... im still learning the whole process but hope to soon try it out for myself...

a 400 watt hps, with grolux bulb. good way to get started. that way therez no changing bulbs or ballasts when you start to flower.
3countieshydroponics does a great deal to get started!! highly recomend them to.!! hope it helps

i got a 400 watt HPS from HTG but i understand that a 600 w only takes a little more electricity for the extra lumen output.

600 watt HPS for bud

4 bulb T8 from home depot for veg growth

my veg "room" consists of a 3x3 E&F system with a home made light board with 16 T8's on it, while my bloom room is lit with a 1000wHPS....if i were you i'd use at least 8 T8's and a 600w aircooled HPS...and keep those floros close.

Latest posts

Back