Looking For A Proxy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CDXX

Reaction score
Can anyone help me find/learn to use a proxy? A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. :D

as far as I understand it, yer on one now... so if you are worried about being able to discuss MJ on the web, you are safe here... as far as I know.

but I ain't no computer guru/wiz, so... take my statements at face value....

I didnt realize it was so simple. Thanks.

hey hippy if ya worried about security then id use 'TOR' as a none traceable isp add-on

pkj

so.....i'm a dumbazz when it comes to computers. are you guys using these proxies now?

should this be common practice? even if i come to this site and its secure, doesnt mean yahoo, or google or whoever is using spyware adware etc to track my online traffic cant tell that im coming to this site right?

i mean you may be safe when your hear but just the fact that you come here frequently could raise red flags right :confused:

WOW......i feel like the world knows i grow my own now.

for a parent like myself somethin like this is very important. can someone maybe lay down a tutorial for us older not so with it, less computer savvy, tokers. i know you younger peeps can help us secure or hide our online presence.

i'm downloading TOr right now but should i be using this in conjunction with somethin else?

i'm already on firefox and luvn it.

thx

even if i come to this site and its secure, doesnt mean yahoo, or google or whoever is using spyware adware etc to track my online traffic cant tell that im coming to this site right?

As I understand it.. which may be incorrect.. these proxy servers don't hide your traffic from malware/adware.. they hide your IP from the sites you visit

hiding your IP from places like google/yahoo stops them from tracking your info.. unless you sign in

i mean you may be safe when your hear but just the fact that you come here frequently could raise red flags right

this is more like my concern.. I wouldn't want anyone on my network to know I visit MP a dozen times a day

I don't think proxy servers help with this, because in my history, the sites I view through proxify are still identifiable

Still interesting to know about :)

edit: A while ago, I was interested in internet privacy, and this guide was recommended to me by the local geek-guru: Dr Who's Security and Encryption
Maybe someone will get more use of it than I did.

wow...something tells me this rabbit hole goes DEEP

so....my customary habit works like this.

check my email.....click on notification that someone has replied to thread i'm subscribed too. which that link takes me to MP forum where I fire up my bong, joint, pipe, etc. after i've read/replied i close that window and go back to my email and delete it. Hit pipe, bong, joint, repeat.

so the fact that i'm "logged In" to yahoo means i'm not hiding my isp even if i use this TOR?????? which defeats the purpose.

seems i need to make an effort to use this site and this software more effectively.

Yeah...Deep rabbit hole/lots of questions.

I can visit MP through https://proxify.com/ but I cant log myself in. I guess I need to purchase the software.

Im with you, allgrownup. I need to get up to speed.

so the fact that i'm "logged In" to yahoo means i'm not hiding my isp even if i use this TOR?????? which defeats the purpose.

As I understand it, you're still hiding your isp, but they "could" still associate all your traffic to your yahoo-profile, because you've signed in and they know 'it's you'.
I think it would be the same as doing your usual routine on a different computer.

example: I log on my gmail account at my friends house, so that we can watch some youtube videos. Google will know "I" did all of this, because all the traffic is associated to the gmail account.

Latest posts

Back