looking to upgrade my lights but need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stas

Reaction score
I was looking into upgrading my 250 watt HPs Magnetic ballast light to a 600 watt HPs lumatek digital ballast with a vented hood. My grow room is 3'x4'x5' and i have a 177 cfm vortex fan venting out. I was just wondering what size fan i should have to vent out the hot air from the 600 watt light. I was thinking about upgrading to a 245 cfm vortex fan but am not sure if i should go with a larger fan or not.

Your 177 ought to be just fine in that space. Its only 60 CF of air space, so the 177 is moving it well. You -could- move up to the 245 but prolly will not need to. No matter how much air you move through the air cooled hoods it seems you kinda hit a level where more is not necessarily better, its just noisier. I've used a 240 cfm to pull through 2 1000 watters in an 8'x10'x7' space and the plants seemed damned happy.

your fan is good for your space with the 600 hps upgrade, as long as heat doesn't become a problem, which it shouldn't with an aircooled reflector.

what these guys said lol man youll be so happy with the new purchase cant wait til i can get aircooled and higer watts!!

The air cooled hood/cool tube is a worth while investment...especially in the summer...

Im glad to hear that i don't need a new fan for the upgrade. I been wanting to upgrade my light for a while now but just was always worried that it was going to create a lot more heat. If i notice the temps going up then ill buy the 245 cfm fan but will not worry about it until then. Thanks for the help now i can't wait to finally do the upgrade and see how much more dense the buds get with the higher wattage.

Latest posts

Back