Lst and vertical growth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamtd

Growing Wild
Reaction score
Hope you all had a merry Christmas guys and gals.

Looking forward to a good NYE. I hope everyone enjoys themselves safely.

Now to my question!

After changing your light to 12/12 and once the accelerated vertical growth has stopped. Will the growth continue slowly upwards or will it pretty much halt for the the rest of the flower period.

The reason I ask is I want to know if a can untie my plants now that the growth explosion is over.

Thanks as always.

td

Around 5500 lumens per sq foot. 400w HID HPS.

I found that I could not untie mine. When I did, the branches started reaching for the light. All the ones I untied had to be tied back.

Yeah. Pinching sometimes that happens too. A nuisance because then you have pinch again lower down.
It really is strain dependent.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I found that I could not untie mine. When I did, the branches started reaching for the light. All the ones I untied had to be tied back.

So you just budded them while tied down? Doesn't that make the colas literally bud upright ? I 'oughta try that.

I left mine tied down, because I had this question a few weeks ago, and the general concensus was to keep them tied...and they still are reaching for the light, with their intitial flowering stretch. Make sure they are not being lynched by whatever you are tying them with...I know this is stateing the obvious, but you never know. Mine are still tied, this is my first time trying lst from veg. I have had to do it in the past to keep buds out of the light, but thought I would try it from the beginning this time, to see what happens, so far I like the effect I have about 8 to 10 "top" budsites per plant right now, and still keeping a fairly even canopy.

Latest posts

Back