Lst How Long ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warlock

Reaction score
White widow LST in a 5 gallon bucket bend her over for about 4 weeks and promoted a lot of side grow and shortened her from reaching to much and now it slowly staighting up.I've got like crzy bud sites and they are all small and green with white hairs about 85-90meters in height.How long is this thing gonna take before it matures if I feed every other day with nutes at a quarter strenght? 7 weeks out so far into flowering 2 in veg.:confused: :watchplant: :goodposting: :argue: :bolt: :woohoo: :hitchair: :fid:

To reach the sweetest with my Snow wHITE, I go with 10 weeks, beginning my sampling at 8 weeks ;). For LST all you have to do is get it to lean over to the side then tie it down gently but gradually. I did LST with my Jack Frost and had awesome budsites gallore. Laters!

yeah from what evey one has told me about LST to just leave her tied down, i got 4 in bondage lol.

lst works wonders, leave Her tied down ;)

:watchplant:
WW likes a quick veg cycle, 4 weeks is more than enuf, should tripple in height in 10 weeks of flower :farm:

Because it has been leanning so long and now has increased bud sites floweing can take longer because I may be increasing my chances of a larger yeild right or not?:farm: :welcome: :goodposting: :guitar:

warlock said:
Because it has been leanning so long and now has increased bud sites floweing can take longer because I may be increasing my chances of a larger yeild right or not?:farm: :welcome: :goodposting: :guitar:

Theoretically, there is a lot of debate over yield and training technique, i myself, not having a single grow under my belt, am realizing all too soon that training isnt really going to increase my yield, but a longer veg cycle for more room to bud is what seems to be the key, think about it, sog utilizes much smaller plants, but with an increase in the number of plants to give the much desired yield of fewer larger plants, this can only conclude that time in veg, total lumen output of lights, nutes, and stress would and could only be the factors affecting yield, something that training doesnt seem to affect. True, a plant without training will produce a massive cola, but a lst'd plant would have multiple colas, and im pretty sure none of them would be comparable to the big cola, jmo.

ps, available CO2 would also be a factor, remo's 2+ theory really speaks for itself imo.

Well, I LST'd mine for the first time this grow and for me, the big benefit is that the plant is flat-top about 2ft or so in diameter but only about 18" high. That puts all the bud sites at the same height and so I can position it at optimum for the lamps.
Now if it was a single vertical cola ... you can see what I mean, the bud at the top is likely gonna get burned up with the HPS and that at the bottom is gonna get too little light. So my reasoning is that LST should give me the optimum yield ... unless I am missing somethin

This was my primary reason for doing a Lst.And my Black Domina is responding beautifully I think; because from the bottom up it only a inch or two from the Top of the primary.I got it laid down and curled it around the rim of the POT. I call it the Alligators back.But any way I was hoping to increase yeild because I got like mad tops that shot up from the side its like the plant is using energy in 2 places budding and growth upwards.I'm curious to see how this turns out,because its been 7 weeks in flowering and nowhere close to finish.:guitar: :watchplant: :giggle: :farm:

from what i understand an what i have read about LST it does not have anything to do with yeid, lowing a plants hight. the colas that beging to sprout up off the side are not going to be as big as a main cola grow's.
:postpicsworthless:

so i am going to show u what i mean with mine i got growing now. :hubba:

Ok the first pic is when i first started the plant in LST about a week an a half ago.
the next pic is the same plant but a week later.
as u can see it is pretty much parala with the pot that it is in, an growing busy strat up with many colas forming.

LST WEEK ONE.jpg

LST TODAY.jpg

LST'ing does increase average yield for what its' worth. When you bring an even canopy to bloom it will get an equal light footprint to soak up versus a big ole x-mas tree shaped cola and that's what our girls really like, lots o' simulated sunlight. I've found this more prevalent in the "white" strains as opposed to a pure landrace skunk I use to take care of. She'd get chunky ALL OVA! Peace.

Latest posts

Back