Madera County Shuts Down Dispensaries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
I was at the Board of Supervisors meeting yesterday to voice my opposition.

I don't even live in Madera County. I am getting sick of narrow minded local governments bullying medical marijuana patients like they are criminals.

Below is a story from the Fresno Bee today.

Madera Co. bans pot dispensaries
Published online on Tuesday, Sep. 22, 2009

By Pablo Lopez / The Fresno Bee

Madera County supervisors voted unanimously Tuesday to approve an ordinance that bans medical marijuana dispensaries in the county.
Supervisors said dispensaries can increase crime, including drug-dealing, robbery and loitering, which impairs the health, safety and welfare of the community.
There are three medical marijuana dispensaries in Madera County -- one in Oakhurst, one outside Madera city limits and one near Highway 41 and Avenue 15, east of Madera.
They have been operating without a permit, Supervisor Frank Bigelow said.
Now, they will be shut down because the ordinance takes effect immediately, he said.
A 1996 California voter initiative allowed the use of medical marijuana. But the act does not "expressly authorize medical marijuana dispensaries," the ordinance said, and the state has not given counties or cities direction on how to implement the act.
Federal law treats marijuana as an illegal drug.
An explosion of medical marijuana dispensaries across the state has left cities and counties scrambling to figure out how to handle them.
Fresno, for example, has sued nine such dispensaries in an attempt to shut them down.

we are neighbores...I havent tried the madera one yet. I heard they have been having issues for a while not accepting certain dr's etc...wonder if fresno will be next. depends on the judge we get I guess I was in the princeton one this week and all was well. except the prices lol..

We DO NOT live in a free Nation our polititions are nothing but puppets on a string that are paid by the drug cartels + pharmaciutical companies and put inocent people in jail for growing THE BEST MEDICENE Mother Nature gave us cannabis has been used has medice for over 5000 years but yet polititions smoke herb, Obama admited to smoking herb and using cocaine and he became the first black president in American history, and I am willing to bet that he still smokes herb and still uses cocaine, EDIThim and the goverment soon we will have another civil war in this Country, the American people are getting fed up with BIG government spending, taxing the poor, and cutting aid to the poor, but the rich have it made in this Country, money talks and editwalks.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE :D

SMOKE THE HERB I'TS THE HEALING OF ALL NATIONS

I just went to the city counci meeting here in CoCo County where I reside last Tuesday only to get bashed for being a "pot head" ! You wanna talk about a bunch of over paid uneducated morons working for the city of Walnut Creek ! I wanted to choke every one of those people ! They are the most narrow minded bunch of hypocrytes that I have ever seen !

I was beside myself at what I heard out of the mouths of those IDIOTS !
Someone needs to inform these poor bass turds ! they have it figured all wrong ! I am a full documented blackfoot native american crossed with old German blood.... I wanted to take scalps :hubba: but I was calm and took notes instead :D

:rofl: Haha! No worries there mates! If history (however recent it may be) shows us anything it is that Madera county is next in line to receive their court appointed butt whoopin'. These people never seem to learn until they lose...

I live far far away from any type of dispensary or the thougght of one, but I would think that any sensible local government would think of the money being spent by thirsty, hungry shoppers would make them see the light seein as their so thirsty for the evil dollar?

Latest posts

Back