Making Beneficial Tea (My Way)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planning on my one flowering plant and the mothers. I will probably have some left over.

My bucket and turkey baster are supposed to be delivered. Once here, first brew for the mothers!

Guess I better pick a sock.

Bubba
I Think it is just as important to feed the Roots as well as the plant. Therefore I brew/add beneficial tea every two weeks. There are several different products out there, I use OG BioWar. Have for years. Doing this keeps the plant healthy, lush and vibrant. It also helps protect the plant from Power Mildew, Mold and other Pathogens. I simply would not grow without it or something similar.

First, have a fairly small grow. So, I only brew enough for 20 or less plants. Two tents, veg and flower. Amount you need will depend on the size of your grow.

What you need:

1/2 gallon plastic pail or bucket
Air stone
Aquarium Pump

View attachment 277796

Here is a picture while brewing. I will explain the sock over the side later.

How to make tea...

First, put 4 cups of water in the bucket. (32 oz)

Add one tea spoon of both the Root Pack and Foliar pack
Next also add one tea spoon of unsulphured Molasses and stir vigorously

OG BioWar

View attachment 277797

You can get this on line. I can get you a discount if interested.

Next Take a small hand full of Alfalfa Meal and Worm Castings and put it into an old sock.

View attachment 277798

Finally put the air stone in the bucket, hook it up to the aquarium pump and turn it on. Also throw the sock over the side as shown above.
Now you are brewing tea. Let this brew for 3 to 5 hours. Notice how it foams up.

Once the tea has brewed it is time to water it in. Unhook the pump and remove the air stone. Let things settle to the bottom and use a turkey baster to suck it out of the top of the tea(bucket). I drench with 1 1/2oz/gal and drench it in.

Done, simple and you won't believe the results.
Is that 1.5 oz/gal of water or pot size. Also can you save leftover

I assumed you added 1 1/2 oz per gallon of water then watered with that. I thought.....

Bubba

Is that 1.5 oz/gal of water or pot size. Also can you save leftover!and you can make it as strong as you like as full strength won't hurt them.

1.5 oz/gal. If you have issues you can make it stronger......If you have something like aphids the stronger the better. The site says it helps mitigate root aphids.....I don't know as I have never had aphids indoors.

Is that 1.5 oz/gal of water or pot size. Also can you save leftover
See #100. Not much shelf life.

Sounds like it isn't "hot" so you can up it if needed? Or can you easily over do it.

Bubba

About 20 more minutes!

Attachments

• IMG_20230811_174232603.jpg
    IMG_20230811_174232603.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230812_174248719.jpg
    IMG_20230812_174248719.jpg
  • IMG_20230811_174236098.jpg
    IMG_20230811_174236098.jpg
The beneficial bacteria starts to dissipate In a couple of hours so no this isn't something that you can let sit over night. So I have been told.
I have heard it can even get rotten and cause problems if not use right away

My turkey baster shows 1/2 oz markings. Yee haw boy howdy, it developed quite a head!

Bubba

Time to spike some pre poured gallon jugs with this stuff.

One question: I should have asked this first...what do you do with the used sock? Wait a minute...what rosters mailing addy? 😂.

I already took it to the back yard, swung it around and round in a circle and flung it.

Bubba

Seriously, I still have it. Someone PM his addy. It is stinking up the joint.

Latest posts

Back