Making Canna Salve

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan Borrego

Weed guru in training😜😜😜
Staff member
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
https://homesteadandchill.com/how-to-make-cannabis-salve/
This is the base recipe I use.
I have made a few changes.

1. Instead of EVOO (extra virgin Olive Oil) I use black caster oil. Regular caster oil works too if you can’t find Black caster oil.

2. I Use bud not trim. You can use trim but your salve will not work as well or be as potent.

3. Rubbing it in is key to getting relief.
The longer you rub it in the faster it works.

4. Eucalyptus essential oil hides the smell of the cannabis better than lavender. I thought lavender would help sleeping. It may
My next batch I will try lemon essential oil.

5. Double or triple the amount of wax. Less wax equals oilier ointment.

6. To make it vegan just substitute soy wax for bees wax. Bees wax version is smother.
Sox wax is a bit gritty but rubs in good. Your skin will melt the grittiness.

Feel free to chime in if you have tried it.

I will do my best to answer any questions.

It works on pain, inflammation, psoriases, dermatitis, skin cancer cells, eczema, fungal infections, neuropathy,.. this is what I have tried it on.

I started making it for dad. He was on 10 mg of hydrocodone/acetaminophen. Dad is almost 88 he is no longer taking opioids. He only uses the canna salve for pain. No side effects other than smell which fades in 10-20 minutes.

Jan's Salve is excellent... and yes, ready for a jar mam... hehe. Looking forward to the new batch that you say spreads easier... this stuff I have to hold it against my warm body so it begins to melt a bit, but once you rub it in really good it truly helpls with pain big time... so thank you Jan... your a sweet caring person

Jan's Salve is excellent... and yes, ready for a jar mam... hehe. Looking forward to the new batch that you say spreads easier... this stuff I have to hold it against my warm body so it begins to melt a bit, but once you rub it in really good it truly helpls with pain big time... so thank you Jan... your a sweet caring person
I will ship them tomorrow

My Wife loves her salve. She has a lot of back pain due to osteoporosis.Very easy to spread and it's like silk. I have to put it on my Wife's back every night. My hands smell great and are soft afterwards.🥰
I'm thinking,,,hummmm,,where else might I use that salve.😁

Latest posts

Back