Marijuana May Stimulate Ageing Brains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tesla

Reaction score
MARIJUANA MAY STIMULATE AGEING BRAINS
by Canwest News Service, (Source:National Post)

United States
-------
Specific elements of marijuana can be good for the ageing brain by reducing inflammation and possibly stimulating the formation of new brain cells, according to Ohio State University researchers.

The research suggests that the creation of a drug with certain properties similar to those in marijuana might help prevent or delay Alzheimer's disease. The exact cause of Alzheimer's is still not known, but chronic inflammation in the brain is believed to contribute to memory impairment.

"Could people smoke marijuana to prevent Alzheimer's disease if the disease is in their family?" asked Gary Wenk, professor of psychology at Ohio State University and an investigator on the study. "We're not saying that, but it might actually work.

What we are saying is it appears that a safe, legal substance that mimics those important properties of marijuana can work on receptors in the brain to prevent memory impairments in ageing. So that's really hopeful."

i think i read something similar in another post... 'puff a day helps memory' or something like that...
still good information!

yeah, u should see me at work, i will be on the line, one of my guys will tell me they need something, i will walk to the back, an be all....uhhhhhhh what did i come to the walk in for. lol!!!! then again i got so many hott as prep cooks (girls ofcrose) an fine severs so i get distrated lol

Latest posts

Back