Marijuana potency reaches 30-year high in 2007

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if they have kept samples in right conditions more over a slight increase is quite normal in potency as modern growers and breeders are finely educated in the ways of cannabis culcivation, strains and strain manipulation...

In anycase, more potent cannabis means more potent medicine, that is a fairly good thing.

A report from the office last month found that a teenager who has been depressed in the past year was more than twice as likely to have used marijuana than teenagers who have not reported being depressed -- 25 percent compared with 12 percent. The study said marijuana use increased the risk of developing mental disorders by 40 percent.
:rofl:

So let me get this straight -- a higher percentage of people who have been diagnosed with a mental disorder smoke weed than those who aren't considered to have a mental disorder? And this somehow means that cannabis CAUSES these disorders?

Even if those studies WEREN'T completely skewed, that is a completely unfounded, undeservedly assumed link between the two.

By the way, that picture explains everything. The government says bullshit things about cannabis, when they can't even get their hands on stuff that actually even looks like it.

Damn hippies and their ultra super sonic hyper speed hitting nuclear marijuana!!

Perhaps folks who feel a bit off with a mental issue seek relief via self medication????? :doh:

wow....its all i really have to say to that article...

k so let me get this straight. Its more potent, so medcinal patients dont have to consume/posess a much which means the Gov. is pissed cause their older laws dont hurt the average user as much. Also where the hell did all of this ** about Depression come from? Hey Bush y dont you look at military people, drinkers, public school teachers, and the medcinal patients that are terminal, and tell me how each of them are compaired to regualar users. The only reason ive been depressed in this last year is the ticket i got for enjoying a plant for that i could stop a migraine. To everyone reading this im proud of all of you. If it is true that potentacy has increased that much it means we are helping people reduce some tar, and That we have all picked up a new hobby and have worked on it to near perfection. I just wonder when will the fed's and the leaders grow up, and stop playing kiddie games, and start helping people with a plant that has so many implications?

i like where it says more potent mj leads to higher risk of hard narcotic addiction. if this isnt outdated misproven info i dont know what is! mj helped me in gettin off that kind of stuff. JMO

Timmy you just made me realize another obsticle to legalization or at least the medcinal status. Pharmacutical copanies would lose billions cause a growable drug is available for everyone. Now i think it migth be true my country has sold out its dignity

wakebud77 said:
Timmy you just made me realize another obsticle to legalization or at least the medcinal status. Pharmacutical copanies would lose billions cause a growable drug is available for everyone. Now i think it migth be true my country has sold out its dignity
yup, and they cant tax it if you can grow it. between alcohol and pharm money how much could the gov. lose

Latest posts

Back