Massproducer's Coco buckets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What ph are you guys watering at? I usually stick to 6.3 in soil, but have dropped to around 5.8-5.9 for this bucket. Am I too low?

Yes..i run mine just as i do soil..6.5-6.8 I think the normal Hyrdo ph 5.8 is to low..but thats my thoughts...you setting one of these up? if so share with us in here will ya please..take care and be safe

docfishwrinkle said:
how long have u had these plants in buckets? see when i transplanted into these buckets my root ball was placed on the top of res layer so in about 1 wk roots were swimming in res. i didnt have any stagnant water sitting in res. it was my understanding that need to water in small increments often but not give "full" waterings til roots hit res. i never once checked ph of runoff or water or soil @ anytime b/c of natural buffer of coco. as far as nutes i used all 6 f.f. also once a week. during stretch i watered every day about 1/2 gal. after stretch i watered as follows:

note:all water has been aerated min. 24-48hrs. molasses 1tblsp/gal

mon-molasses/ro

tue-no water, mixed water,nutes, & molasses bubbled for 2 days

wed-no water - i like to starve girls for 2 days b/4 nutes so they eat all their food :hubba:

thur-feed 48 hr tea mixed on tue

fri-no water

sat-molasses/ro

sun-no water

hopefully this will help. i dont know if this is the best way but its mine;)
next grow will probably vary lil, im going all organic & not sure about what my plan is. any info on how often i can use a "tea" would be good.

:eek: stay pie eyed :eek:

DFW

Bumping this post for Dr Manny.. here is the schedual i use..it seems to work well 4me:D

Hey Mass, apparently your on vacation or something...just in case your watching I'm getting ready to harvest my first bucket. I followed your instructions exactly with the layers and all and have never seen such incredible growth! Plus I saved a bunch of bucks cause I barely even used nutes. I cannot believe the incredible smell compared to previous grows of the same strain. I can put up pics if anyone is interested. Thanks again Mass, hope all is well.

4u2sm0ke said:
Yes..i run mine just as i do soil..6.5-6.8 I think the normal Hyrdo ph 5.8 is to low..but thats my thoughts...you setting one of these up? if so share with us in here will ya please..take care and be safe

Yeah 4U, I've got one going. Mine is a bit different from the way you guys did yours tho, as the only amendments I added to the coco was a bit of perlite and some Subculture beneficials. So, I will be depending more on my nutrients to feed...
My FF Grow Big/Hydro says to feed at 5.8-6-3, so my usual 6.3 would probably be OK. That would be nice as I have my normal soil girls going too so to be able to ph my solutions the same would save me a little time.
Pics coming soon :farm:

Honestly, i haven't checked the ph on my water that i use in these buckets, i just bubble it, and add whatever i'm adding that feeding and go for it. If you have incorporated dolomite lime into your soil make up, it will naturally buffer the ph, hence making any water ok. Manny, i'm not sure if you added and dolomite, but i'm thinking you didn't b/c i remember you saying you only added a bit of perlite and that's it. I'd stick to listening to 4u on this one, but i was just giving you some info if you wanted to take a crack at it next gro around. It just takes another step out of the process, adding another reason to these buckets simplicity.

Ok, here's a few pics of my current situation :)

First pic is my clone in the coco bucket, flash makes her look a little pale. Nice new growth going on.
Second couple are my veg tent setup and my other Skunkberry soil kiddos, topped yesterday.
The rest of the pics are of my current adult Skunkberries, at around week 5 of flower. These things are monsters, I vegged way too long. The biggest was around 56-inches last time I measured. They went into flower at around 20 inches.
Anyways, I'll update with some new bucket pics as things start happening.
Thanks again :farm:

004.JPG

006.JPG

008.JPG

011.JPG

023.JPG

030.JPG

Budders Keeper said:
Hey Mass, apparently your on vacation or something...just in case your watching I'm getting ready to harvest my first bucket. I followed your instructions exactly with the layers and all and have never seen such incredible growth! Plus I saved a bunch of bucks cause I barely even used nutes. I cannot believe the incredible smell compared to previous grows of the same strain. I can put up pics if anyone is interested. Thanks again Mass, hope all is well.

silly wabbit post those pics!:D

Budders Keeper said:

We Love pics...and without them we dont believe you:rofl: I wanna see these Beautys:lama:

Dr. Manny Bowles said:
Ok, here's a few pics of my current situation :)

First pic is my clone in the coco bucket, flash makes her look a little pale. Nice new growth going on.
Second couple are my veg tent setup and my other Skunkberry soil kiddos, topped yesterday.
The rest of the pics are of my current adult Skunkberries, at around week 5 of flower. These things are monsters, I vegged way too long. The biggest was around 56-inches last time I measured. They went into flower at around 20 inches.
Anyways, I'll update with some new bucket pics as things start happening.
Thanks again :farm:

Nice garden:aok:

4u2sm0ke said:
We Love pics...and without them we dont believe you:rofl: I wanna see these Beautys:lama:
I was hopin to wait till harvest cause it's kinda tight in there, but I'd hate to look like a fibber:eek: Gimme a few and I 'll post it. By the way, my wife didn't believe me either till I took it out...the plant that is!
111aaabbb 001.jpg

111aaabbb 002.jpg

111aaabbb 003.jpg
I just did a 3gal to try it. This strain has never been a big producer but i'm in it for the flavor/high. G-13 X sensi-star=S-13 or dirtteen since it's not pure G-13 ;)

What do you guys use as grow medium during the veg stage? Just bought some coco coir and am going to try this method!

u could use soil. i did, went from 3/4g soil pot to 3g bucket. now all i use is coco pith. its finer & holds water longer than coir. if you use coir only for veg id water 1-2 times a day. are u going from seed? if not veg in bucket. keep us posted & ur plans.

GL

DFW

Budskeeper..You did a great job..nice and frosty:aok: you need any help Harvesting you be sure to let me know okay? take care and be safe

Wow guys... I am sooo freaking proud... You guys are really finding your groove with the coco, and I am very impressed. I love coco, in a way that is hard to explain until you actually experience it.

I am going to post some pics up in a bit of my current grow. I know I have been MIA... I really have been going through some stuff, but I am feeling so much better now. Thanks for carring on the legacy while I have been gone

Glad to see ya my friend..we are loving these buckets..thanks for bringing them to us..I knew you would be back in..Hope all is well with you..cant wait to see the pics..Im off to work now and hope to see some from the Master himself when i get home..welcome back my friend..

whats up mass? good 2 c u. glad 2 hear ur on the rebound, i 2 have had a run of bad luck, but all will get better brother.

take care

DFW

Here are a few big males that i had to cull from my flowering room... I have had to start from stratch, I lost all of my mums, so I was forced to start over with selecting a few new mum. I have BC Mango, BC Kush and some MS-17, which i was provided by Health Canada, I bought 60 seeds for $40 canadian.

I Started about 20 seeds of each strain. culled about 1/3 undesired traits, including runts. About 2 weeks ago I culled the garden again this time down to the 12 best. Of the 12, 4 of these are showing male, 8 confirmed females. So I am left with 2 beatiful different kush phenos, a wonderful selection of mango that smells delish, and 5 fabulous MS-17 speciments. I have tried to purpously leave more MS-17 because there is a lot more variation with the governments breeding program, and it shows through in the variation of phenos, with them all being somewhat similar but all being very different, but of all of the government plants that i kept, I got 1/7 male to female ratio. I actually had to cull some very nice ms-17 plants because I just had to many and not enough room. I was not very impressed with the milled produced I got from Health Canada as in the canaabis itself, but I also saw the potential. But I am very impressed with the seeds I have received. They are very vigourous and have a great kushy type smell, but more fruity then coffee, but very piney/ skunky/ fruity pungency.

Well here is a few males, that is why I was posting, man I can ramble, lol

I will serious post the females tonight.

DSCF1994.JPG

DSCF1995.JPG

DSCF1992.JPG

I am using coco in my ebb and flow system and i had some fuzzy mold growing on top, is this something to worry about? I did spritz it with a mold control product for plants and it seemed to work, but will this be a prob?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back