*** Mate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobloblaw

Reaction score
Forgive me if this post gets long,i have a lot of "splanin" to do and a anecdotal "so there".
Just the facts.
Burmese Sativa-80% x NYC Diesel x Cotton Candy 20%.
Pro-Mix soil,Fox Farm nutes,5 gal/20l Air Pot.
Space 2x5, lights T5,Cfl,LED.
86 days of Flowering (patience is a virtue) and still going strong.

"Splanin"
This girl started out life with two siblings that turned out to be male and were terminated at 5 weeks (all plants were under twelve hr. light at 4 weeks).
All has been going swimmingly since.
The now mature Lady looks like it will produce about a 1/4 lb of dry bud.

The other day (80) i noticed a bright lime green protrusion growing in the buds which appeared to have stigmas growing from them so i figured all was fine.
Yesterday (85) my interest peaked so i gave a little tug on one of these lime green nubs and out pops a seed.
In all i have noticed about 7 or 8 nubs,could be more berried

Don't think she was pollinated her bro's were only 5 weeks old and she herself was barely showing signs of which side of the fence she was on.
Heat stress? had some toasty days 95 +.
Genetics? she is a bit off a Mutt.

Anyway.
If the collective brain trust lurking here could come up with some answers,thoughts or just plain old conspiracy theories as to why she is "Two Spirited" please drop a line.
Thanks.

Anecdotal.
You may have noticed my mongrel light set up.
Because of the size this puppy grew to (it would be close to 6 ft if allowed to grow straight) i had to add auxiliary lighting to take care of branches that were growing out of the light canopy.
One of the main branches (topped) has been under a 90 watt UFO knock -off LED.
This branch shows phenomenal growth in comparison to the others as much as 25%.
"So There".
If you have read this far i Thank You.

Nobody here is gonna be able to answer your question about why you have seeds... but 1 of 2 things happened: 1 your boys pollenated the girl or 2 she hermed and pollenated herself...

Were these plants grown from bagseed??

I would say hermie plant.

Heat stress, light leaks and the stress of stretching so much could all be contributing factors, but she is still a hermie.

and what JAAM said

What was the source of the seed?

I'm with the others--my guess is a hermie--either from genetics (was it bagseed?) or the stress of inadequate light, stretch, etc.

I think JAAM got it covered....from what I hve read in Clarkes MJ Botany book males release a lil pollen very early on and then later release the rest.... some of this might be the culprit or it cld be from hidden nanners buried in the buds. At any rate if it is only a Cpl beans here and there it shldnt be a problem. I wld be hesitant to use the beans though.....if you do then you shld watch them like a hawk in case they go hermie on you. I wld bin them. Jmo

Thanks for the replies.
It was not bag seed,store bought.
Stretch no,the spacing between nodes has remained pretty constant.
Light leaks,i was anal about this.
Guess i will put it down to genetics.
Thanks again!
Btw i have sampled and it is quite good.

Latest posts

Back