Me and my friend cannot conclude! Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan-2.6-

Toker ala Green
Reaction score
So i was chillin w/ ma bro and we were talkin about outdoors. The concept of starting your plants late outdoors came up. Pretty much, my friend was telling me that the plant flower at the same time it would normally if started in april or whatever. He wants to plant in june/july. Will this produce buds? Or will he run out of time before winter hits? Thanks

I'd day mid to late May or Early June. If you put it out to soon then the plant can trigger into flowering then it will have to revert back to veg.

You can plant in July and still get good results I'm sure. I don't know exactly as I have never Grown outdoors before.

Go to some ones grow journal thats doing an out door grow and ask them..

The sooner after "final frost" in your area that sexually immature seedligs are put out, the longer the veg period, the bigger the plant, the higher the yield.
Sexualy mature clones or plants, can begin flowering prematurely, if placed OD too early, when light hours are 14 hrs or less. They can try to reveg with the lengtheniing light and it can stunt them.
Sexually mature plants raised under 18 or more hours of light, will react to the OD better, if placed out around June1. They will them start flowering in late July-mid August, naturally.

^^Hick said it. You can place them outside any time between the last frost and June and they will grow. If you get them out immediately though, they will have a longer veg period leading to larger plants and more yield. I would germinate them around the last frost date in dixie cups and move them outside as soon as they sprout after the last frost of course. Good luck and take care. Keep us posted on what you decide to go. Be safe.

^ 100 percent, hick beat me to it. the sooner the plant- the longer veg time..... the bigger the plants and theres no arguing that.

great thread for a novice- full stars.

i was forced into a late start last year..i used a feild on someones farm,they had not used/cultivated that portion of land for a few years,lol,because they have been letting the soil "rest",me being an idiot non-farmer,i had never heard of such a thing,well,i guess last year was the year for them to put that feild back into the mix,i went to check on them to see the whole field tilled under,after a few days of crying like a 12 yo girl at a justin timberlake concert,i decided to germ some bagseed,i did,put them in 12 ounce cups for 2 weeks in soil,transplanted them outside directly into the ground(july 7th!!17 total spread out over a 600 yard area)..i know it sounds crazy,but it actually worked out 10x better then i expected,they stayed really short,i was lucky enough to get 11 females out of 17 seeds..none got taller then 3.5-4 feet,so i was glad i started 17..also,starting so late..i could not afford to top any,just let them grow like little xmas trees..i could not afford to set them back even a few days

oh yeah,i live in the northeast us..and this years is already started,because as hick stated..more veg = bigger! but i must say it was kinda cool making my own little "auto flowers" but having a mother/clone situation makes life alot easier then hoping you get the males before they pop

Latest posts

Back