Michigan State Police seized more than 4,000 marijuana plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ugmjfarmer

Reaction score
hxxp://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=news/local&id=6400091

GLADWIN COUNTY (WJRT) -- (09/18/08)--Police Wednesday raided a multi-million-dollar drug operation on state land in Mid-Michigan.

Michigan State Police seized more than 4,000 marijuana plants near Alger on Franklin Road in Gladwin County's Bourret Township.

In total, six people have been arrested, and police are looking for more. The National Guard is conducing flyovers to find others involved in the $4 million marijuana plant-growing operation.

The Bay Area Narcotics Team held a press conference describing the operation's inner workings.
Story continues below
Advertisement

BAYANET says drug farmers set shop in makeshift tents. Police say it looked liked a campsite.

The workers tended to thousands of marijuana plants around the clock. Police say some exceeded 12 feet in height.

Investigators displayed a sampling: 10 pounds of marijuana buds that would be worth $50,000.

Authorities received a tip from someone who was in the area who noticed the growing operation. Police raided the site Wednesday.

The six people arrested are being held in the Gladwin County Jail pending formal arraignment.

They face up to 11 felony counts including resisting arrest, criminal enterprise and manufacturing marijuana.

Police say the six are not from the area.

All the years I have hunted, fished, hiked..... I have not come across 1 plant outdoors; wait I did see 1 but that is all. It makes me wonder how many plants are really out there.

You know, most of the time when I go into the woods, im wearing street clothes. I should camo up, and start walking into areas without trails or off the beaten path I keep thinking, but I usually never find a plant because I dont.

And even then, why would I want to step off the beaten path, wonder up onto a patch that just happens to have a trail camera planted by LEO waiting to catch the "cultivator" and become one of those persons who is busted for growing a patch outdoors and indoors as well. :(

I have better things to do with my time ATM.

you know! Michigan State police are trained to smell Marijuana!:eek:

at least thats what they told us when they followed us out of wally world because an off duty cop said our truck smelled like Marijuana. those cops sat out front of the store for 45 min. waiting for us to come out, then they followed us into a car wash.... they didnt find a smell, we explained that the truck has had a problem for years with it's addiction to weed, they didnt think that was very funny well, we didnt think what they did was very funny either.

sic- the mentality of most in this world- sic

I walk with my hubby all over state land and I have for years and years,
we have never found MJ growing....

maybe they just report this crap in hopes it will scare a few growers into pulling up their plants?

I just cant believe someone would try to grow that much in one area here in this state......

I have seen 3 choppers go right by my house in the past week. I am no longer allowed to point at them with my one finger; my wife slapped me in the back of the head for that one.

Ilikebigbuds said:
maybe they just report this crap in hopes it will scare a few growers into pulling up their plants?
I just cant believe someone would try to grow that much in one area here in this state......

yea we have had low flying weed hunters in our area also, jerks- gas price isnt an issue when it's all about finding the MJ growers.

sick I tell ya! sic

Yes it is. What burns my butt the most is how important it is to rid us of marijuana all of a sudden. It is as if the past few years the goal is total eradication. A buddy of mine comes by from time to time with some buds he buys out on the street. In 2 years he as brought over 1 time some good buds, the rest is just schwag. MEANWHILE I have a coke mule, and esctacy (spelling) dealer living right across the road from us. What is going on here?

I have a really hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that you can go to prison for growing a plant!

why cant people see how wrong that is???

my mother has been on morphine patches for years (I cant stand how it makes her so .....gone most of the time) but it is okay, its prescribed by a doctor. sic

I refuse to be that person......

I know what you mean, the wasted time chasing MJ peoples, Nonviolent peace loving folks. ---

I will never feel guilty for my love of Marijuana !

we all need to just keep growing!

I've been seeing the State Police chopper over Lansing recently. They are usually headed to the airport to land, but they seem to be coming from SW Eaton County.

Oh well, you know I'll still be sitting at home, with a nice campfire, roasting marshmallows and smoking some sour diesel while they try and eradicate it. I'll know if they're getting close when they come in my backyard and ask for a smoke.

lots of fields to cover! busy - busy- busy!LOL

we moved out of Lansing about 4 years ago, my boys are still there,
they cant stand living "way out here".

we are in seeing the choppers fly past us and going north- the air port is south.

but they are flying way low, looking for the big one I guess.

I wish they would just leave the big one alone and find something useful to waste our tax dollars on!

Ilikebigbuds said:
I walk with my hubby all over state land and I have for years and years,
we have never found MJ growing....

sometimes i wonder the same thing as well.

how can a person find out if there are any flyovers lookin for MJ in ur area u live in. but of course without implicating urself. cuz to my knowledge i dont beleive they do it round here but who knows anymore these days ...or is it all hush like some big giant sting operation? lol cops flyin around lookin for gardeners to beat down lol. do they do some wannabe rambo stunt jumpin out the chopper whenn they spot a grow too. lol
hey coppers my younger causin was brutally raped by a total stranger when she was 14 how bout maybe spendin some time an effort into maybe say catchin the schmuck who did this like over 10 years ago yet.
its just all goin to show soon that our police and government is more worried bout drug control than the safety and well bein or even the justice of the people...

Courtesy of PBF Comics

PBF192-COP$.jpg

That really is too bad. There are a lot of med users in California. If the plants are twelve feet tall and greener than all the other vegetation around then they will be noticed especially if there is a lot of them grouped together on somebody else's land. I hope they just get probation. It's such a waste to go after harmless operations like that.

Legalize it.

When was the last time you heard of somebody being busted on State Forest land in Michigan for growing 4,000 Tobacco Plants?

Latest posts

Back