Mirors in grow room?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red_ss

Reaction score
Hello guys.. I was wondering is it ok to have mirors in grow rooms ? i heard that its not good!!? what do you think ?

i have one miror in my growing closet door from the inside, so when i close the door the closet comes brighter and light reach all the plant even the very low buds because of the miror ? so should i keep it or get rid of it ?

U NEED TO GET RID OF IT AND PAINT UR WALLS WHITE OR JUS GET SOME MILARE FROM UR GARDEN CENTER ( SUN FILM ). GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY GROWNING...........:p

IMO not a good idea they absorb light not reflect it.

Yea like dubbaman said mirrors absorbs light i have also read that. so you want to take those mirrors out and by some reflective mylar if you dont have any money you can use foil.

everything absorbs light B4 reflecting it back.........The Concept with a mirror is that it only reflects back the light and u ill loose the color spectrum that it absorbed.......get rid of them

thc is good for me said:
Yea like dubbaman said mirrors absorbs light i have also read that. so you want to take those mirrors out and by some reflective mylar if you dont have any money you can use foil.

YES U CAN USE FOIL BUT WHY NOT JUS GET MYLAR IT'S AROUND 20 BUCK AND THEY CUM IN 1.0MIL X 25FT ROLLES AND U WILL ALWAYS HAVE WHEN U NEED. FOIL IS OK BUT IF U DON'T KNOW HOW TO PUT IT UP IT CAN DO DAMAGE TO UR BABIES.........GOOD LUCK RED_SS

Thats why i wrote "if you dont have any money you can use foil" But i agree that mylar way out performs foil. I havnt gotten around to buying mylar yet i really need to im shure it woud help my grow.

That would be cool if someone did a grow with one room that had mylar and one room without to see the perks to using mylar.

Hey Red SS.....If U Choose 2 Use Foil.....Make Sure U Use The Dull Side Because The Shinny Side Radiates Heat And Could Burn The Tips Of Your Leaves...

Mylar is great. Way superior to foil and just flat white paint. It reflects almost all the light back. You would definitely see the results if you did a side by side grow with mylar on one of them and the other without. You can find it online. I spent like 20 dollars on a decent sized roll. Its 4 ft wide and I think 40 feet long. More than enough for my grow room and it's pretty easy to use also. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe. Keep us posted.

hey red...IMO Milar is the same price if not cheaper when you look at square foot...I purchased a 50 foot roll that is 4 foot tall..200 square foot.($35 American)...foil at 12 inches and 20 foot loong at $3.50 each..would need 7 boxes..and harder to work with ..just get some Milar...Sell your bike man..your yield will show it..Good luck my friend

Foil only has about 45% reflective quality to it while mylar has about 95% and if i remember it right white paint has about 85% theres a thread here somplace about it i think its in the grow faqs [thread=9396]here[/thread].

thc is good for me said:
Thats why i wrote "if you dont have any money you can use foil" But i agree that mylar way out performs foil. I havnt gotten around to buying mylar yet i really need to im shure it woud help my grow.

That would be cool if someone did a grow with one room that had mylar and one room without to see the perks to using mylar.
send that to mythbusters ahahaha

The only thing I don't like about mylar is that when u wipe it down while cleaning, it streaks really bad. Other than that, u can't beat it's reflectiveness.

Crazy Horse said:
The only thing I don't like about mylar is that when u wipe it down while cleaning, it streaks really bad. Other than that, u can't beat it's reflectiveness.

Ive noticed that too. But recently ive discovered something better then mylar. :p

:D Thank you guys.. i really appreciate you coming by and direct me..

So what if i sticked some big white papers inside the closet is it same as the paint ? because thats what i have done before when i started to grow!! i just used som huge and strong white papers, but only one side dont ( door with mirror) dont have any white on it.

do you think its ok to keep using t6hose papers? they are cheap they only cost me about 4$

Thanks

Latest posts

Back