MKP in VEG?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobogart

Reaction score
since phosphorus is so good for root development, what do you all think about adding just enough to bring my PK levels up to what mel franks recommends (100n-100p-200k-60mg) i run my numbers through this calculator here CannaStats - Nutrient Profiles for Cannabis and it says i come up short on both p and k but my n is spot on if i add a little MKP 0-50-30 it bring real close. what are you all's opinions on this?? will it cause problems?

Good read and nice calculator in the link, thanks. It beats the Excel calculator I hacked together a while back. Agree with Lesso on testing and comparing, but the stuff is cheap enough it's worth trying IMO.

I doubt it will cause problems, and it might reduce the chance of nutrient burn. With everyone here so pro cal-mag, I'm sure I run my DWC with excess N. I bought dry P and K last summer, but never got around to trying it.

As far as promoting root development, I also doubt tweaking the ratio would improve things as much as EM-1 if you're not using it already.

Good read and nice calculator in the link, thanks. It beats the Excel calculator I hacked together a while back. Agree with Lesso on testing and comparing, but the stuff is cheap enough it's worth trying IMO.

I doubt it will cause problems, and it might reduce the chance of nutrient burn. With everyone here so pro cal-mag, I'm sure I run my DWC with excess N. I bought dry P and K last summer, but never got around to trying it.

As far as promoting root development, I also doubt tweaking the ratio would improve things as much as EM-1 if you're not using it already.
Try Grow More's mendencino flowering cal/mag it has zero nitrogen so it won't bump it up.

try aloe juice for root development haven't found anything better yet.

Try Grow More's mendencino flowering cal/mag it has zero nitrogen so it won't bump it up.

How are you using the aloe?

20ml per gallon i use 98.2% pure aloe juice costs about 6 bucks a gallon lasts a long time. i mix it with my fertilizer every time.
Thanks. I will look into it. I've heard people use aloe gel instead of rooting gel on clones

Good tip. I have used it as a rooting gel before but didn’t know about it’s other benefits. I have more aloe plants in my house than I can shake a stick at. Now I have another use for them. Thanks.
A597DD81-78B8-4FF5-9DC3-81212ED01F79.png

Lesso I read something about that not long ago. After researching it I came to the conclusion it probably won't work as a rooting gel. I seen a guy do a side by side and it didn't do shit as a rooting gel. That's not to say it might not help as a additive.

Lesso I read something about that not long ago. After researching it I came to the conclusion it probably won't work as a rooting gel. I seen a guy do a side by side and it didn't do shit as a rooting gel. That's not to say it might not help as a additive.
yep that's how use it, never tried it as a rooting gel, i just use the juice to promote big roots on established plants. heck i root the way grandma taught me just put the cut in a little water with some ground willow bark, works like a charm.

I’ve used my grandmas aloe plant many times for cloning and it works great. Never thought of using it elsewhere in the plant tho

yep that's how use it, never tried it as a rooting gel, i just use the juice to promote big roots on established plants. heck i root the way grandma taught me just put the cut in a little water with some ground willow bark, works like a charm.
If I remember right, willow bark contains Salicylic acid, same stuff you get in aspirin. Wonder if a couple of Bayer would be a good substitute?

I thought he put it in one of his containers but not the other. The concentration would be very low. I have tried putting weed cuttings in just water and didn’t get any to root but the guy who made the video was using tomato cuttings so there is that. My cloning success is a bit dodgy though so I don’t consider myself to be a good resource.

Latest posts

Back