MMMM Smells

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir_Tokie

Reaction score
It is said that the sence of smell can bring back memorys of times past. A few smells that bring back memorys for me are, the smell of a NAG-CHAMPA stick burning reminds me of parents trying to cover the smell of MJ in the house...lol.. And i still burn them today. Also the smell of coal burning reminds me of visiting family in the Mts. of Kentucky. Any of you out there have smells that awaken your minds to days gone by? ...take care..

...especially when im high and i smell things alot of smells bring me to alot of memories. liek triggering past . i know wat ya talkin bout ...

The smell of water. Either ocean or river. I always smell it before I can see it. When I smell water my inner child wakes and with it many good memories come to be relived.

Sappy, I know, but true.

Yes the smell of the ocean, reminds me of them summer nights long ago when i was but a lad stomping around Galvaston island on a saterday night firing up a # on the beach.. i miss that so much, life was so simple then..The only thing we had to frear was the fuzz and being nuked by the russians..lol oh and hurracain Alicia i was full blown in it, my advice if theres a hurrican comming toward you run drive crawl as fast as you can the other way that was a very VERY scary experiance...

When we fly into So. Cal. And I get a smell of the air reminds me of when I lived there as a teenager and all the times I had in cali. Everyonce in a while I will smell a scent of a specific perfume that reminds me of the ex when she was sane.

Christmas smells always get me--as stated, you go back to that inner child, to those days when you waited on Santa, instead of being Santa. Nice thread.

I love the smell of tha Piney Woods in East Texas.:D Lived there as a kid. Reminds me of hunting when I was a small boy, 9 or 10 yrs old with my Dad in the woods.. He died when I was 11, so everything we did before the age 11 was stuck in my good memory bank.;)

Love seeing the Lone Star State mentioned a few times. :D

I have always loved the smell of crisp new dollar bills. Bandaids (unused), new car smell, new carpet, bread baking, the rain, woodsmoke.

Nothing that really brings me back to my youth. I think I've pruposely forgotten all that. :p

First rain of the season, really good composted worm castings, The Elkhorn Slough (Low tide).

For those of you going on the MP Nor-Cal Road trip, you will see it.

Latest posts

Back