Mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crintonator

I alone am best
Reaction score
guys the stickys in this section just ****, we need something that goes over the basics of hydro, hydro or stoney would you please write a little something and sticky it explaining the different systems and the initials used for them its very hard to find on the forum and id bet a lot are interested. I know the answers are on here in grow journals and replys to other posts but they belong in sticky for hydro. For instance questions like

1. ebb and flo , nutrient flow tech, aeroponics and any others i dont know about the basics of said systems.

2. ppm and ec meters, testing, what it means to your plants

3. when and why to flush system or if shouldnt when to add nutrients and if your using an all in one how do you make sure your not over nuting your plants on some nute they did not absorb all of our of your reservoir

4. maybe even a sticky on diy hydro designs for the budget conscious or diyer

thanks for considering
the forum is great i just find myself having to look elsewhere on the hydro section

:ccc::ccc::ccc::ccc::ccc::ccc::ccc::ccc:

I second that !!! i have an Emily's Garden . Anyone ever use one of these?

Hey if you guys could do an aeroponic wright-up that would be awesome.

It is pretty simple guys!

Aeroponics is where the roots are suspended mostly in the air and are being sprayed by a nutrient solution.

Deep Water Culture is an air pump blowing water through the res constantly creating a "humidity" pocket... roots will soon grow down into the res. (I use this method for keeping mothers in 5gallon buckets)

Ebb and Flow methods flood and drain on a timer either a tray, room, or various grow buckets (like stoney does)

Drip systems just drip nutrient solution in the top of the system.. (usually near the plants stem) and let it drain back into the res.

NFT or Nutrient Film Technique systems are almost the same as a drip... except they only have water coming in one end of the pipe... and then it drains out the other end back into the res.

You can have many combinations together from most setups... ebb and flow imho is the most unique of them all and is a lil harder to combine with others... but any of the setups will do you good... and is easy to work with. Some are a little more labor intensive when changing res's and all that... you should speak with a veteran before starting one up randomly....

Any other questions? feel free to drop me a pm.

Latest posts

Back