Moving plants out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larnek

Reaction score
So I have 3 plants I want to move outdoors in a guerrila like manner. Whats the best way to move the plants while still hiding them? I guess I should mention they will have to be on my back for the hike out. Plants are still tiny, about 5inchest tall but just about root bound in 16 oz dixie cups and needing the move soon. I was thinking of just putting the whole cup inside plastic bags in a backpack and hoping for the best, but wanted to see if anyone had beter ideas first.

HEH, I did the same thing and about the same size.... I just put 14 of them in a good sized box and taped it up and took it out to the truck and drove away.... Took them out to the farm and stuck them in the ground..... I took 7 out the first round and well rabbits and deer and other critters had their way with 5 of those... hoping for better out of the 14.... The 2 from the first are abou 3 ft tall now though, stretched pretty bad cause I put them in a pretty shaded area.... but the second batch is in a better spot.

I would agree with CG. We did the same thing when transporting our ladies. Stuck them in a nice box with some newspaper so they couldn't move around and off they went. ;)

Larnek said:
So I have 3 plants I want to move outdoors in a guerrila like manner. Whats the best way to move the plants while still hiding them? I guess I should mention they will have to be on my back for the hike out. Plants are still tiny, about 5inchest tall but just about root bound in 16 oz dixie cups and needing the move soon. I was thinking of just putting the whole cup inside plastic bags in a backpack and hoping for the best, but wanted to see if anyone had beter ideas first.
Take the cups and place them into a beer crate ant they will fit nicely and you can put 20 of them and just cover the top with something!That s how I do it :) Good luck with your grow and be sure to post pics...

I have 3 plants I want to move outdoors in a guerrila like manner. Whats the best way to move the plants while still hiding them? I guess I should mention they will have to be on my back for the hike out. Plants are still tiny, about 5inchest tall but just about root bound in 16 oz dixie cups
3 cups should easily fit in a shoebox standing on end, or similar. Newspaper or tissue arong them to prevent "too" much bouncing around while you're hiking in. ;)

you could line the inside of your pack with cardboard, then put your dixie cups in a six pack carton to keep them from bouncing around

Latest posts

Back