Mr. Bubbles - Skunk #1 - Indoor Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Bubbles

Reaction score
Decided to start a grow journal, nothing fancy but gonna keep some records and maybe learn a few things in the process. Feel free ask if you have any questions.

The light is a homemade fixture with three sockets and Y splitters. I am using 6 23w daylight CFL's. The soil is Pro-Mix and the containers are 5 x 5 x 6 3/4 high. The room is small linen closet with an 8 inch passive exhaust into the attic. There is also a 6 inch intake you should be able to see on the left with a cheap Suncourt inline fan in the wall.

The Skunk #1 seeds were germinated in a papertowel and placed in soil at different times. The first 3 12/29, then 2 12/31, and finally 1 on 1/5.

Day 14;

2 Weeks Skunk.jpg

In this picture the two in the back, middle and right side were starting to claw and droop alot.

Mr. Bubbles

Day 18;

Day 18 Skunk.jpg

The plant that looked the worst at day 14 has sprung to life but there are still a few that are exhibiting a little claw or droopy leaves. This photo above was after 1/4 dose of FoxFarm's nutes. Week 3 from the soil schedule.

I have come to the theory that a few of the plants were overwatered and some even underwatered. I believe this happen as I was bringing the 6 onto the same watering schedule.

Mr. Bubbles

Hello,

Just be careful adding nutes the soil to early you have now should be enough for about a month. Hope it turns aroung for ya. Are you also making sure your PH in your water is correct right?Keep us posted with pics.

wow looking killer man, what sorta lighting are you going to flower with? are you doing clones?

Oooohhhh... I loves me some Skunk1. So sweet and Skunky. You'll have to let me know how they smell for you. I got my seeds from Nirvana, two out of the 7 that lived became females... and if you didn't touch them or move them too much, they didn't smell at all. My bagseed I had was stinkin up the place, but even in full flower my apartment barely smelled of pot. But soon as any part of that plant gets rubbed... get a gas mask on cuz she stinks go damn good you'll wanna smoke her right on the spot.

FEARp.JPG

This is her just a few weeks into flower. I started her at the end of January, and this was in Mid-Late March. With the pot she was in she was about 4' tall. And she was pruned once as you can see.

I am really going to pay attention here, maybe you can teach me a trick or two lol.

:argue: And then fight over who's is better! And realize there is no way to find out other than pictures lol. :eek:

GOOD LUCK! Maybe a certain someone will toss you some of that Green Mojo...

Time for another update and am I going to field a few of the questions;

Saltrock
"Just be careful adding nutes the soil to early you have now should be enough for about a month. Hope it turns aroung for ya. Are you also making sure your PH in your water is correct right?"

I should be ok on nutrients. I am starting with 1/4 doses and am keeping a close eye on the tips for signs of burn. I have PH'd the water with and without nutrients using drops. In both cases I was just under 7.

Akirahz
"wow looking killer man, what sorta lighting are you going to flower with? are you doing clones?"

Unfortuently this is top secret information to be revealed along the way.

Laylow6988
"You'll have to let me know how they smell for you. I got my seeds from Nirvana, two out of the 7 that lived became females."

Your plant looks great and I am sorry to hear about the low female to male ratio. The Skunk #1 seeds I am working with are from Sensi a different breeder and they were purchased from World Wide Marijuana Seeds

Thanks for all the comments and questions.

Today 1/22 is day 23. The plants were light and soil was pretty dry so I watered with a 1/2 dose of nutrients. My previous water was 4 days ago and did not contain any nutes.

Here is the first picture with the three worst looking ones in front prior to watering.

Skunk Day 23 1.jpg

Here is the second picture with the other three in front after the watering.

Skunk Day 23 2.jpg

I am using FoxFarm's three pack to feed with currently.

Nutrients.jpg

Mr. Bubbles

Today is 1/25 day 26;

I watered with plain water after only 3 days, these folks are really drinking it up now. I also finished removing the single finger leaves from each plant. One single finger leaf was removed 4 days ago and the 2nd from each plant today. These leaves were laying on the soil, turning yellow, and just a hassle to water around.

I gave each of them inmate names, replaced 3 of the 23w CFL's with 3 46w CFLs, and finally set their cycle from 24/0 to 20/4.

I am amazed at the under growth and really looking forward to flowering these. I went with the brighter bulbs for more pentration and changed their cycle to buy me a little more time in veg.

Before doing anything I snapped a shot of the three in the front;

Skunk Day 26 1.jpg

After todays proceedings with the other three in front;

Skunk Day 26 2.jpg

Mr. Bubbles

Your plants are looking really good,Some GREEN MOJO for your grow.Keep it GREEN Mr.Bubbles

Thanks for comments and MOJO.

Today is 1/29 Day 30;

I am giving them a 3/4 dose of nutrients today with their water.

Here they are before the water;

Skunk Day 30 2.jpg

After the water with the other three in front;

Skunk Day 30 1.jpg

Mr. Bubbles

good growing mr bubbles, keep it up, can't wait to see these flower :cool:

Them plants are looking healthy and happy.Keep it GREEN:aok:

Nice Job Bubbles..Keep on keeping on man...looking forward to some FAT Budds..

Again thanks for all the comments.

Today is 2/1 day 33;

Here they are before the water;

Skunk Day 33 1.jpg

Here is a shot of the other three in front after the water;

Skunk Day 33 2.jpg

Finally here is a shot of the 6 outside of the room.

Skunk Day 33 3.jpg

I added 4" fan and gave the whole area a good cleaning.

I am still a little worried about using CFL's at this later stage, am I really giving them enough light? The smaller pots also worry me but the grow continues on. I want to go at least 2 more weeks under the current setup but only time will tell.

Latest posts

Back