My Crappy Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnO

Reaction score
Ok I got some shop flourecents 4' flour.jpg
Then I germed some seeds planted them in dixie cups/ little pots with top soil put them in like a styrofoam coolcooler.jpger
lights like 8 inches fromt he tops of the cups will theese grow?

My flourescent bulb - from canadian tire plants and aquariums f40 - Ecolux technology 48" - Light Output 1900 Lumens - Energy Used 40 watts - cri/irc: 90 - Wide Spectrum fluorescent - I got two of theese and two of -

Other flourescents could be used - Sunshine 40 bright noonday light - light output 2250 lumens - energy used 40 watts - color temp.: 5000 k - cri: 90

Currently using two of the first one and have another bulb of the second one
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33022&stc=1&d=1189184061

flour.jpg

cooler.jpg

if 40w (1900lum)?is the total you should increase at least to 6000 lumens for veg.6500k spectrum for veg-2700k spectrum for flower

i see know they r 2..you should add the other 2,

Well will my seeds grow out of the dirt with what i have now?

Well i thought id be stubborn and grow my seeds straight from soil, without germinating first.

0 out of 4 broke soil...So i germed some, and had better results.

Id germinate your seeds, just be careful when handling, and dont do what i did and give too much water, rotten seeds smell like crap.

That's plenty of light to start some seeds with, but you'll definitely need to upgrade for flowering. The recommended minimum is 3000 lumens per square foot of plant.

What's the reason for the coolers (SHAME! Styrofoam is terrible for the environment!)? I'd switch those for regular pots, they're probably cheaper. If you don't, make sure you drill some holes in the bottom so water can drain out.

You might have an issue with your soil .. what kind of soil are you using? Does it have nutrients already in it? Is it PH adjusted?

It's usually better to plan your whole grow before starting.. which might explain the title you chose. ;) If you share you limits (budget, space, how much you want to grow, etc etc) it'll be easier to guide your way to a 'quite nice set up'.

Have you been doing your share of reading? Surf around here, I'm sure you'll find answers to most of the questions you have.

:)

Actually Jesus, when germinating seeds i like to let them sit in a glass of normal water for 1-2 days befor putting them in a paper towl or plug because it softens the seed shell making it easier for the seeling to break out. I belive it also helps them germ faster.

Latest posts

Back