My DWC roots are covered in mucas!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trouble9039

Volcano user
Reaction score
Hello everyone I am having A problem with mucas growing on my roots and airstones. The DWC is my veg setup wich will be my future mothers, I am using ionic along with super thrive and now adding subculture B. The buckets are homedepot buckets taped to darken. I was thinking that it could be the super thrive or the buckets allowing light in. Any ideas??? please if anyone can help it would be great!!!

my roots are the same if not black
at first i thought it was root damage from light gettin into the water but then i read on this site
that botanicare 's liquid karma make roots black and thats what im useing
before i found out it was from my nutes someone sugested to me that my ppms were to high for the small plant i had so i will throw that out to you
maybe your burning your root with to high ppm

The res temps are no higher than 75 F, and the roots are white not black it just has some mucas all over them and the airstone. Is this normal? should I spray them down and change the buckets every week?

I have done the H2O thing and it is back! So the only thing i think it maybe is the buckets letting in light! I have black buckets I just got today

If light is getting in your roots would be yellow...at least they were in mine. I changed my buckets every week but others seem to let them go a couple weeks without problems. h2o2 dissipates in 24-48 hours, if it helped and then it came back add a little every couple days.

they do have a slight yellow'y tint! If I am adding the subculture B wich is A good bacteria won't the H2O kill it off? I did rinse them of but I didn't use the H2O to flush like brothers grunt from the link ozzydiodude posted! I am gonna give it A try and do A change and flush every week and I picked up black bucket's today and gonna give that A try and see were it goes from there.

I had the same problem a few months ago, but my problem was caused by using molasses in my res.

trouble9039 said:
they do have a slight yellow'y tint! If I am adding the subculture B wich is A good bacteria won't the H2O kill it off? I did rinse them of but I didn't use the H2O to flush like brothers grunt from the link ozzydiodude posted! I am gonna give it A try and do A change and flush every week and I picked up black bucket's today and gonna give that A try and see were it goes from there.

from what i been reading the H2o2 Will kill off beneficial bacteria as well as the bad stuff. then your plant is more prone to sickness.

SSH

Ok everyone I think it might just be the plant. This is only in 1 of 5 bucket's so i am thinking just this strain is garbage, I have the same plant in soil and it is looking pretty poopy. When I got all my mothers I guess you could say that I had rescued them! They had spidermites without my knowledge, just resently the person I got them from had just lost his crop from A massive untreated infestation. I think that this plant is just garbage and I almost need to get ride of it! The only problem with that is the nugs are just soooo tastey and sticky!!

I was also filling the bucket's still at 1" above the bottom of the net pot! So I was all messed up and didn't drop the water level. I am taking A break from the flush brothers grim say's to do. I have to climb stairs so it get's tiring.

Ok here is A update on how things are going. I changed my buckets and did the flush, as of today at 6:00pm tonight things look great!!!

Glad to hear everything is working out. Here's some Green Mojofor your ladies IMO the plant just needed a little recovery time. :peace::48:

Thank you very much! I am gonna do A bucket change today and keep doing it every week for awhile!

Add a little peroxide & keep ALL light out of the resavoir. My roots are bright white & I'm in my 2nd week of flower. Water temp. should be between 60-70 degrees. Anything above that can promote algea growth. Never had a root problem doing this.

Good article about using hydrogen peroxide:

hxxp://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40388

Latest posts

Back